Don't be ashamed to ask for help

• 7 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

So it seems that the biggest hurdle when asking for funds' seems  to be a sense of Shame or Guilt for even being in the position to have to ask. But in a better society we all know that at some point or another everyone needs help. So step out of your comfort zone and know …. Its amazing what you deserve.

With a little commitment and Honesty and hard work you can accomplish so much. 

4 replies

Badge

Thanks yeah it seems like that sums it up I can't get anyone to help me even when I figured someone on here would see my story how do I share it on here in this community?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks yeah it seems like that sums it up I can't get anyone to help me even when I figured someone on here would see my story how do I share it on here in this community?

Just copy and paste your link

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@LeviA. The GoFundMe community is made up of other organizers who are also looking to fundraise, so it’s not a great place to find donors. Most of the funds you raise will come from people you know. I know it can feel deflating if you don’t get traction on your fundraiser from your network, but it’s not necessarily because people don’t want to help. People might care, but feel they are also financially tight right now. Or, it’s possible that your network is experiencing a bit of donor fatigue. After the last two years, it’s possible they’ve given a lot to charity, so they might be needing a break. 

In your shoes, I would try to stand out from other fundraisers by creating some sort of special hand drawn thank you note that you can send directly to them after they give. 

Agreed. I just created one for my dog and I still felt guilty about asking for help. I personally need help too, but I don’t feel comfortable creating one for myself 

Join the discussion