How do you network to get people to donate?

• 20 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m not sure how to network to get people to donate, I feel like I’m a beggar and I don’t think my posts carry the punch to get people to be interested and donate.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is such a great question @Kim Keeler so I’m going to pin it. I’m curious if other people in this community have built up sturdy networks around them that help them get through hard times. 

From my experience, people who spend a lot of time contributing to their communities during their spare time tend to have very successful fundraisers. Not everyone has the time to do this, but that’s something that I’ve noticed in my own personal life. 

Apart from that, there are ways to build trust on your fundraiser that can really help. The way you communicate your story can convince someone to donate, or can turn them away - even if it’s for the same cause! One way you can build trust is  through clarity in your story. The more direct you can be about what you’re fundraising for, how the funds are being handled, and why this cause means so much to you, the easier it will be for your readers to be persuaded to help. 

To do this, try to put yourself in your reader’s shoes. If that’s hard to do, I recommend asking a friend to read through your fundraiser and give their most honest feedback on it. 

I heard asking stores to hang up a flyer at their store. Posting them around may help. I am getting some help but not much to be able to survive. If anyone has anymore ideas . I would greatly appreciate it. Bless you all and good luck to all who are struggling. 

Lisa Savery

Not having much success how can I get my GoFundMe out there more. I use TikTok, Facebook, Twitter and Craigslist. 

Infeel you man im homeless sleepimg at busstops

Join the discussion