Tips on how to get started?.(Having a successful fundraiser)

• 18 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello I am seeking help with my new fundraiser! I am very passionate about this and I want it to work out. Since this is my first time doing this and I don’t want it to flop I was wondering what the best way to get started is? How to get donations? Any information and tips on how would be very helpful! 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @Kay Moline. I checked out your fundraiser and I absolutely love the cause. I do think it needs a bit more information though. 

Here’s what I would love to know. 

1. How did you get involved in this cause? I know you mentioned your love of horses, but do you have a place to store these horses?
  2. How does this operation work?
  3. How many horses have you saved before?
  4. Why now?
  5. How come you would like to raise money instead of raising money for an organization or nonprofit already doing this. 

The more information you provide in your story, the more your readers will trust that you are capable of doing what you would like to do. 

Once you’ve fleshed out your story a bit, I would add a photo of yourself on your fundraiser - especially if you have one with a horse! 

Finally, I would ask my closest friends or family for some help seeding your campaign with donations. Let them know that the first three are super important for validating your cause to people who you might not know as well. 

Join the discussion