Feeling embarrassed to ask for help? You’re not alone.

Feeling embarrassed to ask for help? You’re not alone.

Show first post

272 replies

When it said to share on Facebook or email friends, my first thought was (gulp🙄) what are they going to think. I don't have a massive social network anyway, but initial I can understand the hesitation.

What gives me motivation is that I know I’m not just just asking for random money. It’s to help those grieving the loss of a loved one - a topic that everyone should (or will) know something about. Everyone has a date with a cemetery…. I would just like to help take a little of that stress away from the families. 

I am new here and can say I am extremely nervous, but I have faith that everything will fall into place. 

How do you get past negative comments? I've tried sharing with community and there are pros and cons . But the hatefulness sometimes is the worst.

Tina Hooker

https://gofund.me/4b85157e

Hi all this is my first day here and i have simple question does gofundme really work because I’m at my wits end and I’m losing what little drive i have. I am to embarrassed to post to my social media i guess because I’ve always provided for myself. I have an extensive medication list and monthly medical needs  but being an unemployed college  student sucks lol. Is there really a chance of me reaching my goal because i am tired of picking and choosing what medical stuff to skip because of money when i need them all. Thanks for any feed back be blessed.

it’s a bit difficult for me to get help from my family they are very judgmental and don’t support anything I do. 

https://gofund.me/e23aa930

Userlevel 1

There are times where I feel too shy or even embarrassed to ask for help, because it seems like I'm begging or feels like I'm bothering someone for help. But all I know is I have to trust the process and have high hopes if I want things to become successful. I hope everyone follows that as well! ❣️

It’s embarrassing when you show your vunerable side and finally feel confident to ask for help especially online to thousands of people. Were not here for pity we’re here for help and it’s okay to need help. I hope everyone find the help they need just have faith and don’t give up. Xoxo

I’m really struggling with who I should share this with. I don’t want people to pity me or feel bad for me. Life happens. I just feel guilty for asking for help I guess. Any tips on what I could do to get my fundraiser seen. Or any encouraging words so I don’t feel so guilty?

Userlevel 1

Many people raise the needs of helping others. There's lots of people who need help that aren't receiving help because their lack of a support group or even just by not having family or friends to share their issues with. It's okay to want help, and even if it's not going anywhere now, I promise it will one day ❣️ just have faith, and keep your head up!

This is a first for me. I never thought I would be in a space where I would feel so ashamed and embarrassed for simply ASKING FOR HELP. I have been crying and crying and trying to figure out WHY ME?! This hurts. I don't want my family to see me hurting. I am scared. I am embarrassed. I am at my lowest point. 😞 I just pray everything will work itself out for my family and I.

🙏🏾😓

Technically I’m just squeezing my eyes shut and holding my ears hoping I don’t see or hear who sees me 😔

I was embarrassed and scared to create a fundraising because people are just mean and they have a lot of hate to throw, i mean people are just trying to achieve a goal without harming anyone. So each and everyone of you, don’t let those haters get to your nerves, y’all are better than people with bad vibes, I hope everyone achieves their goal, goodluck everyone, sending loveee<333

I hope I can achieve mine too.:)))))

I feel embarrassed having to ask for help, my friend helped in trying to set my GoFundMe but a lot of people started talking, having to go through eviction and even struggle to put food on our table has been hard. It started okay in the beginning but now it has stopped and don’t know what else to do. Any feedback?

I’m so embarrassed to ask for help that I can’t bring myself to use my real name or introduce myself but my situation is a desperate one. 

I'm definitely embarrassed to ask because I'm supposed to be a father that is supposed to keep his kids safe and the fact someone broke into my place and took everything make me feel like a failure. And I'm swallowing my pride to ask for help.

Hello everyone my name is Alicia McKenzie I am new here to this site. I am really embarrassed to ask for this help to finish school but I really need it and it's a dream of mines to finish and get degrees. I want to make my family proud of me. I also am trying to help my little sister complete her life goals with traveling the world as well. Can anyone help with advice or etc.

I've always struggled to ask for help. I've finally did it and I don't feel all that great for asking. How did anyone else get over their fear of showing weakness? Why do I feel I'm in the wrong for asking for assistance? Are there other ways to share without putting myself out there on social media?

I am to a little embarrassed but I don't like all over my personal social media can it just stay on gofund.me and get donations 

I am very nervous to start my fundraiser. I don't want to seem like I'm begging for money for a service dog 

After being my profession for 15 years and losing my job suddenly I have not only been embarrassed to ask for help but I’ve been embarrassed to even admit that I am no longer there. During Covid I lost my son, fiancé, and oldest daughters dad. This was not only a financial burden to carry suddenly, emotionally on myself and more importantly on my children. Leaving me to use my savings to live that I put aside for my business and stay home with my kids. I have tried to create some thing doing some thing I love from home and get back to my community at the same time. It’s seemingly impossible for me to go back to work full-time and I’ll be worried about my daughter mental health and where she’s at after all this impact. I’m trying my best to make it work but again it’s a hard pill for me to swallow in so many ways I just really want this business to work so I can stay home and take care of my children and still do something that I love.

I too was embarrassed at first, Its one that puts the boundaries on thier own to not mess with one’s reputation, worrying about what others are  going to say, think and talk to put you down. The fear of getting judged, we all go through our problems and we all need a lift in times like these where we can move foward. Its something we all go through in life unfortunately. Theres no one in this world who hasnt fallen or needed help in their liftime . Theres a lot of generouse people out there that help because they know what it feels when your in need of help. I started a gofundme recently and I appreciate the help, no matter the quantity but the love that humanity shows, theres hope of people, its about patience and the people with good hearts helping you to lift us up. 

https://gofund.me/8d0f4026

I'm struggling with that myself big time rn, I set up the page then it said to share it and I just can't find the courage to do it. Hopefully after reading y'all's ways to overcome that I will be brave enough to do the same. I commend you for YOUR courage hun🙏🏼♥️🙏🏼

I was in a car accident April 2022. Me and my Kids was in the car n a drunk driver hit and totaled my car n got out n ran. I was just trying to get on my feet. I been without a car for 2 years prior to the car accident. Thank God every one in the car was ok. I saved up enough money for a down payment and had a yes on a approval. Now it’s back at square 1. Too embarrassed to ask for help but I put my pride aside. My thoughts is I’m not popular enough so my fb friends won’t help and my friends have they own struggles, but I know this too shall pass

Wondering why your own family don’t support for a good cause 

Im embaressed to even ask my family 

I feel a huge relief just putting myself out there for help I'm new to this and hope for the best

I was in a car accident April 2022. Me and my Kids was in the car n a drunk driver hit and totaled my car n got out n ran. I was just trying to get on my feet. I been without a car for 2 years prior to the car accident. Thank God every one in the car was ok. I saved up enough money for a down payment and had a yes on a approval. Now it’s back at square 1. Too embarrassed to ask for help but I put my pride aside. My thoughts is I’m not popular enough so my fb friends won’t help and my friends have they own struggles, but I know this too shall pass

I totaly get it that's my tboughts too but with the help of God and has assistance you got your car and all the help you need

Join the discussion