I feel as if no one is even looking at my gofundme

• 9 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have only had about 3 people share and a few say so sorry for what you’re going through and tell me they’ll share but haven’t. I already feel defeated as if no one is willing to just share. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Kristen Pardo it can definitely take some time to build momentum, but it’s important to not give up! Are you open to a few suggestions on how to improve your page? Can you let me know where and how you’ve shared your fundraiser so far? What types of methods have you tried?

Userlevel 1

@Kristen Pardo it can definitely take some time to build momentum, but it’s important to not give up! Are you open to a few suggestions on how to improve your page? Can you let me know where and how you’ve shared your fundraiser so far? What types of methods have you tried?

@Olivia I am definitely open to suggestions. I have posted and shared thru messenger on my fb to everyone I know. I wrote a message to everyone asking to please just share and only 4-5 people did. I’ve posted on my instagram and Twitter. I wrote about the fundraiser explaining it so everyone knows and I just feel hopeless. What my OBGYN did to me is devastating. I’m actually trying to find a lawyer but it is very hard to find one around here where I live to go against a Dr. We just want a baby and we’re devastated that we can’t have one naturally and I really thought people I know would at least share and maybe others would feel for us and share more or donate even a $1 to start but it just doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @Kristen Pardo,  I have a few suggestions:

1. Is there a more personal image of you (your face) and your family you can add as the main image instead? Adding a couple photos to your story could make this a bit more personal to those visiting your page as well.
  2. How did you come up with your goal amount? It may help to explain how exactly funds will be used, in order to make the story as transparent as possible. You can learn more here: 

3. Do you have 1-3 friends or family members that can share your fundraiser on their own social media accounts? Recruiting some people to help you fundraise as a ‘team’ could help bring in some support as well. https://www.gofundme.com/team-fundraising

I have only had about 3 people share and a few say so sorry for what you’re going through and tell me they’ll share but haven’t. I already feel defeated as if no one is willing to just share. 

Hi Kristen feel the same way. My hope and my dreams of being able to have some sort of relief. Now that I have set up a GoFundMe I feel more depressed that I already am. I have no help. I can't get the right answers. I don't know if this is waste of time and a dram crusher. I wish those that are trying and those that have tried and succeeded the very best. May all their hope and prayers get answered. I was homeless because I had got hurt at work. I never asked anybody for anything. Not a red cent or a cigarette. Now that I need help with dental medical treatment I can't get it neither. I don't know what to do. I feel like crawling into a shell and due there. I have a beautiful wife and children that need me. Unfortunately I'm on disability and my money is limited. It's hard not to smile when you have beautiful children in your life as well a my wife. Im losing my way of happiness. I'm embarrassed to smile. I can't eat or drink anything without me choking or in pain. So I set this GoFundMe up. Still nothing. I wish all the best to everyone. Thank you 

Join the discussion