I have six days. I'm alone with my teenagers and nowhere to go. I don't know what to do and nobody is donating.

• 10 January 2022
  • 1 reply

The city bought my apartment building they gave us a 30-day vacate notice I lost everything due to Corona virus and I was starting over trying to get up my feet dealing with a disability just started back to work and then this happens on top of it all me and my teenagers have covid-19 sick and I have six days to vacate this property before they demolished building and I have nowhere to go if I go to a shelter I'm going to get everyone sick I don't know what to do I can't find any help with the hotel room I can't find any help at all I'm just stuck and so sick and so weak I need a miracle

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m so sorry to hear about what you’re going through @Chastity Godfrey. That’s a lot of stress for one person. Do you have any friends or family nearby who can house you temporarily? It also may be worth reaching out to the city to let them know about your situation. They may be able to provide some resources to you so you can get off your feet.

Perhaps you can ask your neighbors to see where they’re going to get any ideas of other options. They may be in a similar situation to you.

For fundraising, the key is to share your fundraiser with people you know. It’s best to send people your fundraiser directly when you’re just starting out. You could ask those same individuals if they have any ideas for options for you outside of fundraising.  For example, they can share your page from their social media, or connect you with a social service nearby that might be able to support you during this transition. 

Join the discussion