I'm unsure how to run a GoFundMe without social media or family

• 7 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Unfortunately I do have any social media in my life. The family I have I don't speak with and am not able to turn to in times of need. I honestly am just trying to get a ball rolling for myself. I understand thats not what the community is for but I'm at a loss and just need help. I started a go fund me but have no platforms to share on. I was hoping someone might just come across it and things would start there.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @GarrsD52 In this case, I would start by trying to get involved in your community. Crowdfunding is all about raising money from people you know in your network, so establishing those connections is essential to getting your foot in the door. A great place to meet helpful and reliable people is in the volunteering world. It may not help with your current fundraiser, but in the future, any connections you make are critical for fundraising. 

If you have friends, neighbors, or coworkers outside of your family, I would try listing them out and brainstorming the best way to reach them via email, text message, or even a hand written note! 

Unfortunately I do have any social media in my life. The family I have I don't speak with and am not able to turn to in times of need. I honestly am just trying to get a ball rolling for myself. I understand thats not what the community is for but I'm at a loss and just need help. I started a go fund me but have no platforms to share on. I was hoping someone might just come across it and things would start there.

Well I'm on the exact same page.  I'm sorry you're having a difficult time I understand  How you're feeling Hope you get what you're looking for.  Stay positive and don't give it

Join the discussion