Is my GoFundMe worthy?

• 6 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

It was difficult enough swallowing my pride to ask for help and I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t need it.  I have a very sick cat and I can’t afford to euthanize her or to pay for any other expenses that may be required lay her to rest.  I love her like family.  She is family.  And it seems to me that it’s a worthwhile cause, but then I’m biased.  I’ve shared my request 3 times now over the past 2 days and I’ve received one donation.  I can’t even get people to share my post.  What am I doing wrong?  

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

It was difficult enough swallowing my pride to ask for help and I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t need it.  I have a very sick cat and I can’t afford to euthanize her or to pay for any other expenses that may be required lay her to rest.  I love her like family.  She is family.  And it seems to me that it’s a worthwhile cause, but then I’m biased.  I’ve shared my request 3 times now over the past 2 days and I’ve received one donation.  I can’t even get people to share my post.  What am I doing wrong?  

You should really see that 1 donation as a brick to build on what ever you did there do it again and share to more groups. It took me longer to get my first donation and Yes your cause is worthy by the way keep your head up

I'm extremely new to gofundme me...nervous...scared  just really looking for advice and friends to relate. This has been a very rough time. Please reach out and let me know I'm not alone.  I'm looking for support and guidance 🙏 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Cynthia Fuller It can definitely be scary to put yourself out there, but it’s also very empowering. At some point in our lives, we all need help, so keep that in mind if you ever feel a bit worried about asking for help. 

If you want, I’d be happy to check out your fundraiser and give you guidance on it! Just share your fundraiser link here, and I’ll take a peek. 

Join the discussion