Just curious

• 30 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I would just like to know how many people on here have lost parents to illnesses and you pretty much had to sit there and watch them die because insurance companies went to holler and argue with hospitals over cost and in the meantime the patient gets no treatment

5 replies

Userlevel 1

I understand. I watched my mother die and it really sucked. I am sorry you have to go through that.

Badge

I lost my mom 

Userlevel 1

So did I in a fire that made me loose everything 

I lost my mom to brain cancer when I was 15 years old. Her death was sudden she got diagnosed stage 4 within 2 months she passed. Everyone kept fighting for power of attorney over her or over who got us kids , we bounced from place to place, but I didn’t understand. at first she could function normally but day by day stopped being able to speak or respond . It’s a terrible thing sorry your going through that. 

I’m sorry to hear this and hurts to share. I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer in 2003, shortly before deploying to Iraq in 2004. My unit couldn’t afford to send me home to be with her permanently, but I could take passes and go see her while I was away. It was difficult, however her death was a blessing as she would no longer suffer. Further, being in the Army allowed for a good close support system to help me through my loss. It’s been almost 20 years but the wound hasn’t fully healed, likely never will. I wish I’d had been there more. Especially as a parent now I further understand the love a parent has for their children. Time is one thing we don’t get a refund on and I’m fostering that mindset with my two daughters now. I love them more than anything on earth. I hope this helps you or someone as it applies. Feel free to message me for more if need be. 

Join the discussion