No DONATIONS to date, and my fundraiser is a emergency/time sensitive... I raised 0.

• 16 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Just wanted to say from my experience so far,  it looks like you will only get donations if you have a huge Social Media following.

I don’t.  And because I don’t have a huge following,  I might end up homeless and on the streets, no food, gas, or a place to live, all because I had a medical emergency and had to take a LOA from work.

I also realized something else I never knew… there really isn’t a lot of resources for people in this predicament which must be somewhat common.  You can’t predict health issues.

If I had a lot of other choices to get the funds I would have never had a Go Fund Me!

I’m really sad and upset that I realize NO ONE  HELPED ME when it was really needed.  I’m they type of person who would help anyone.  It’s a eye opener for me - #WOKE.

2 replies

Badge

I completely understand how you are feeling. I truly hope that you get the help you need. I wish I could help you . The only messages I have received in regards to my go fund me has been from scammers. I would love to be able to share you story if there is a way for you to send me the link

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Carmen Galloway You don’t need a huge social media following to get donations, although that doesn’t hurt!

Fundraising is a skill, just like any other. A lot of the difficulty new organizers run into is how to create a compelling page that persuades people to give, how to comfortably bring up their fundraiser to their friends, and how to get them to spread the word. It’s not easy! 

Luckily, the community is here to give advice, encourage you, and provide feedback to help overcome some of these challenges.

If you would like us to review your page, would you mind adding your fundraiser link to your community profile, so we can take a peek and give some ideas? I also recommend uploading a profile photo, so we can get to know you a bit better. To add information to your community profile, just click your profile icon in the top right corner, and navigate to “settings.”

From there, hit the “edit profile” button to add info on your profile page.

Join the discussion