No hope for people in need.

• 4 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I heard nothing but good things about GoFundMe. But on another note,

I never thought I would be one to have to use any kind of fundraiser for help for

myself and my husband and kids. But here I am, in need of a little help. Yet no one seems

to care. I have shared my fundraiser link over and over via Twitter and Facebook.

Like another post that I read, “I’m at the point of giving up”. I have asked friends

to share for me, but I had only 2 people share for me (my husband and my daughter).

I keep asking everyone on my Facebook to at least help me share, they refuse to help.

Now where or who do I turn to? I have always been there for others, but now I am the

one in need of some help, and it’s like no one knows me. :disappointed:

I don’t know what else to say or do anymore. This GoFundMe is NOT helping anyone

to achieve their goal. They DO NOT tell you that there is NO guarantee that anyone

will donate to help your cause. And I don’t have many ways to share, but I HAVE been

sharing on Twitter and Facebook. So, if GoFundMe is as legit as people say, create a

way for us to really get our fundraiser out there in the world.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Loretta Matherne welcome to the GoFundMe Community. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling to find donors. 

Can I ask for some details about how you’re sharing on social media? I ask because a lot of times people post their link in their FB feed, without additional context, and it can be easy to miss in a busy feed. Sometimes using different types of techniques can make a big impact. For instance, directly contacting a few close friends or family members first to help get momentum going can sometimes help a lot. 

Another small tip– we’ve found that having the fundraiser image be pictures of people (or pets, if relevant) can be a lot more impactful than a picture of an object, such as a leaky roof. I’d maybe try swapping out your photo for something like a picture of your family in front of the house. 

Here’s a few recent discussions that might have some more helpful resources for you:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Loretta Matherne welcome to the GoFundMe Community. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling to find donors. 

Can I ask for some details about how you’re sharing on social media? I ask because a lot of times people post their link in their FB feed, without additional context, and it can be easy to miss in a busy feed. Sometimes using different types of techniques can make a big impact. For instance, directly contacting a few close friends or family members first to help get momentum going can sometimes help a lot. 

Another small tip– we’ve found that having the fundraiser image be pictures of people (or pets, if relevant) can be a lot more impactful than a picture of an object, such as a leaky roof. I’d maybe try swapping out your photo for something like a picture of your family in front of the house. 

Here’s a few recent discussions that might have some more helpful resources for you:

I have shared on Twitter and Facebook over and over with no luck. :sob:

This is a couple of things that I put when sharing…..

1. “I'm not asking much, but some kind of donations would help. There is no amount that is too small nor too big. Anything that you can help with IS HIGHLY appreciated. Please and Thank you”

and

1. “If you can't donate any funds, I understand. At least help me by sharing this for me please.”

I have asked some friends personally, to at least share my link for me.

But they gave me the cold shoulder treatment.  :disappointed: 

I will definitely try a different picture. I hope it helps.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Loretta Matherne welcome to the GoFundMe Community. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling to find donors. 

Ive also been experiencing this. No one seems to care. I learned that ppl who say they care didn't. They only wanted something from me in that moment. I can't even get anyone to look at my go fund me. Matter of fact... It almost seems like all I get is responses ( when I do get one) that says I can't help I'm tapped out of funds. I'm working, I'm being a good parent, and I'm just trying to keep my vehicle legal so I can get to and from treatments for my tumor. I figured when I get tickets from the cops for no inspection bc I couldn't raise the money for repairs I'd at least show the judge this and show him or her I've been trying. It's been 3 months I've tried raising money for this I need help... And not even a single person that I personally know will take a moment for me. I started a garden in the summer of 2022 and grew produce fruit and vegetables to feed the homeless and the hungry people in my community every year we donate what's in our garden to the Western New York food Bank and I can't get one person to donate to me or to see what I'm going through I have so many pictures and videos of what I'm experiencing I've asked mechanics businesses organizations like the YWCA and Catholic charities all of them tell me we're sorry we can't help you I don't want to be negative but I want to tell the truth about what I'm experiencing and facing

Badge

I can definitely Relate to this and with you both.  I have noticed the same thing.  All those that I thought would help, many didn’t even respond to my post.  I did have some friends that were eager to help at least share my post but not nearly as many as I thought.  I refuse to lose hope over it, and I will absolutely press on.  I hope you both are able to reach people who care and donate to your fundraiser.  It’s not easy to ask for help, and I wonder if many people really understand just how difficult it is to make that decision to reach out for help.  Please don’t give up hope.  One step at a time I truly hope you reach your goal and are sable to move forward in life.  Best wishes to you both, always.

My situation with the fundraiser, using FB, Twitter didn’t get much response but I found out that there were people who knowsme and on FB, Twitter and never seen my GoFundme. So, sharing it on those sites doesn’t mean everyone thats on those, see your GoFundme.  

Leellette

Join the discussion