What do I do?

• 5 August 2022
  • 5 replies

My story is very time sensitive. I don’t have social media myself. But my friends have shared it. I can’t get help from my family because they’re the reason I’m in this situation in the first place. I hate that. I feel like no one really cares. It’s only been a day, and I know I shouldn’t sound so selfish or impatient, but it makes me feel like I should just delete it. What do I do? I am truly panicking. Any advice?

5 replies

Sorry to hear of your family not being there.

Thank you. I appreciate that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Julie Sullivan fundraising can definitely take some time. Just know that most people who raise money on GoFundMe go through those same feelings so I wouldn’t give up just yet! Plus, you’ve already received some donations which is really encouraging. We also have some great resources in the community that might help give you some ideas on how to share outside of social media and your own community as well:

* How to get noticed without social media

* How do you ask people to share your GoFundMe?

* How do I get donations if I don’t know anyone?

@Julie Sullivan fundraising can definitely take some time. Just know that most people who raise money on GoFundMe go through those same feelings so I wouldn’t give up just yet! Plus, you’ve already received some donations which is really encouraging. We also have some great resources in the community that might help give you some ideas on how to share outside of social media and your own community as well:

* How to get noticed without social media

* How do you ask people to share your GoFundMe?

* How do I get donations if I don’t know anyone?

Thank you so much, Olivia. I will try these things. I appreciate it! 

Ok thank you 

Join the discussion