What do you do when life is overwhelming you?

• 18 December 2021
  • 2 replies

When you feel lost... what do you do when it seems like you're drowning... my partner in life, my wonderful husband, is fighting a fight that I can't win for him. I'm in a storm of emotions that I can't seem to fight my way out of. He's 39. Stage 4 adenocarcinoma. We have a little girl who needs her daddy. He has 2 sons who need him. My sons adore the step dad they've known their whole lives. 

What do you do when you don't want to pile everything on anyone and you just hold it in hoping the storm will pass... but you know the worst is yet to come? 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey @Mizoku I’m so sorry to hear about what your family has been going through. I’m not sure there’s ever a perfect answer to stuff like this. For me, sometimes the only thing that has helped is breaking things down into bite sized pieces as much as possible, and doing the thing directly in front of me. Drive to the appointment, cook the meal, put the week’s meds in the little boxes. And let folks around you help carry the load. A lot of times they want to, they just aren’t sure how they can be helpful, so sometimes they give space when really you need them close. Let your community know how they can support you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I keep a journal, that helps. I also take pictures with my digital camera a lot.

Join the discussion