What have you learned about yourself after facing hard times?

What have you learned about yourself after facing hard times?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Going through something difficult and making it out the other side is not something to downplay. With every experience, you have an opportunity to build character, learn more about the world, and potentially teach others through the wisdom of your experience.

When was the last time you went through something hard? What did you learn about yourself during the experience?

162 replies

Userlevel 3

I think we are all continuing to go through something difficult or challenging. Am I right or am I right! Life is something that is constantly evolving. My experience as of late is multiple stressful situations compounding on top of each other. From family members passing away, to serious health issues, a business suffering... There's a saying that bad things happen in threes... well I feel it's like... 12s or 24s at this point. I'm continuing to learn about myself how I handle the things around me... both negative and positive. Trying my best to Learn from those situations. Know....I have the power to change things, and choose how to react. The power of real yes...and no's.  Extra Grateful for those around me that I love. Life is so short and so precious. 

Userlevel 3

I've learned that I can be grateful for all the moments Im not hurting and can laugh with my kids. Life is short and just take it one day at a time

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I learned that I’m bad a managing stress ha! 

Because of that, I spend a lot of time trying to prevent it. My go to method is to prevent stress through methods like exercising, talking to my friends, getting enough sleep, yada yada.

But sometimes this isn’t enough! 

During those times, I find respite in a mantra. I will tell myself, “I’m going to be okay” over and over.  It’s super simple, but it never fails to comfort me. 

I also spend a lot of time listing to help me get super organized. Controlling my surroundings through small manageable goals keeps me turning the page on my day until I get passed whatever is causing me hardship. 

Userlevel 2

I’ve learned to be grateful when times are good even if they are not the best. I’ve learned to appreciate the people that are in my corner more as well. We all know bad/hard times can sometimes lead to stress, depression, anxiety, and other things. So having that support really makes a difference 

Userlevel 2

I learned a lot about trust this year I lost everything to people that took everything from me and lost my apartment clothes everything

Userlevel 3

Personally I’ve learned how strong as people we can be, especially myself. Many families have lost so much but still continue to live each day although it may be hard and painful. Im so appreciative of the people still here amongst us because everyone is going through their own personal battles. It’s so easy and tempting to give up but we haven’t. Showing love and giving support when you see someone struggling really could change or even save a life! I’m grateful for the small happy and meaningful moments in life that gives me the strength to keep going!

“When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming.” -Dory 

Userlevel 2
Badge

How can i manage money better with 6 kids?

Userlevel 3

To be honest babe, I have no idea how to answer that for you. I really wished I could. Unfortunately I have no kids at all. I can’t imagine how tough it is to feed, clothe, and raise 6 little humans. Hell, i’m struggling to manage money and it’s only me, smh. 🤦🏽‍ but I respect you so much!! I know things can get tight especially during the times we are living in. I pray that your burdens are lifted and an abundance of blessing will shower over you and your children. ❤️ God bless you

Userlevel 1

I’ve learned that I am terrible at asking others for help. Just kidding, I already knew that! :joy:

Userlevel 2
Badge

To be honest babe, I have no idea how to answer that for you. I really wished I could. Unfortunately I have no kids at all. I can’t imagine how tough it is to feed, clothe, and raise 6 little humans. Hell, i’m struggling to manage money and it’s only me, smh. 🤦🏽‍ but I respect you so much!! I know things can get tight especially during the times we are living in. I pray that your burdens are lifted and an abundance of blessing will shower over you and your children. ❤️ God bless you

Thank you so much it means the world to me when someone understands. I have no family in minnesota except for their moms and they talk bad about me cuz i cant always provide for them. And its mainly cuz im on child support for 3 of them. I love my kids they bring me so much joy and i didnt have a father so i go above and beyond but child support keeps me down mostly. I pray things continue to get better for us all!

Userlevel 1

Love and support 

Userlevel 1

😊💕😊

Userlevel 1

I can't remember a day in my adult life that I haven't experienced a hard time star ting with my childbearing years where I had natural birth, and then I became mature,and realized that everything I owned I had to buy myself, because for some reason with all of my endeavors I am always on my own that is why I decided to try fundraising you get what you put ;into your prospective endeavor believe me I know exactly what hard times are. You know I love to clean places ,and yes I've had a hard time at it ,but I always make it because I try very hard, so good luck everyone.

Userlevel 1

Going through something difficult and making it out the other side is not something to downplay. With every experience, you have an opportunity to build character, learn more about the world, and potentially teach others through the wisdom of your experience.

When was the last time you went through something hard? What did you learn about yourself during the experience?

Juse recently losing my job during this season... I  learned that God is still on the throne and won't let me down. 🙌🏾

Userlevel 1

I’ve learned that I am terrible at asking others for help. Just kidding, I already knew that! :joy:

I’ve been there my friend asking now is very difficult for me as well but sometimes we must put our pride aside to ensure we can manage 

Userlevel 1

Wow, what have I learned about myself during periods of hardships and suffering? Well how much time do you have? Really though I haven’t really shared any of my self discoveries with anyone. Maybe close friends and maybe certain family members but as far as the general public no. I’m not going to discuss particulars of my painful experiences but just know they were a lot and they were severe. Nothing has killed me yet.

Learning how to manage my thoughts as well as my emotions has probably been the number one takeaway from tough times. It’s allowed me to tap into my truest self and abilities. I would have never thought to start over again at 40 with this “can do anything I set my mind to” attitude. But, here I am, becoming everything the universe planned on me to be. 

Anyway if you’d like to know more about my journey through suffering into enlightenment please feel free to comment. There are some big things happening on the horizon and we all can be right there in the middle. Closer together for a better tomorrow.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Alot of people ask me why so many animals (dogs) but they gave me love and support and responsibilities to me there my kids !not my real ones no one could ever replace them but I would do anything for them 💞

Userlevel 1

Well my life has been full of struggle and these struggles have defined me,  but not in the way you might think.   Ive learned that struggle strengthens your soul.  Having an abusive parent can make you indestructible if you channel the energy properly.  Ive learned that material things really dont matter much and that you gotta love yourself first or every relationship you have will be doomed..   Sry i could go on and on.   Godbless and godspeed

Userlevel 3
Badge

Love is the greatest currency.  I had to learn that by being alone for years it here on the Denver streets. I learned that is my job to make money,  and to feel loved and both have to be done alone most the time.  God has been my guiding light. My self esteem was destroyed and I hat had to rebuild that too. I try to motivate people because love is what you need and it starts with accepting that you are God's children and that he loves you no matter what they do here in this planet to make it harder. I learned to pray on my own.  Make money in my own. Fix my car on my own. It feels lonely but when I pray I feel God's unlimited love for me and it's enough to carry on.  My name is Terry. I have a website that costs me $0 to spread joy and messages of truth and Spirituality. Your not alone. I am a human being talk to me if you feel lonely or you need motivation!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I learned a lot about trust this year I lost everything to people that took everything from me and lost my apartment clothes everything

Bruce. I was backstabbed and left for the wolves myself. Don't let their negative thinking get into your heart. You were probably like me and gave too much credit to wicked people. God loves you. That's the feeling you get at night before you fall asleep.  It's God. Not judging you, not manipulating you. If you have a campaign or not I'm praying for you.  We need people like you. You can heal people. Keep faith. He who endurith until the end. I know that's you! Because you are here. 

Userlevel 1

I've learned that I'm stronger than I thought. 

That the love between my daughter and I is the most precious unbreakable bond. Not to sound selfish but I need her just as much as she needs me.

I've also learned that when times get tough PEOPLE get going!!!

We are lucky to have a really big support circle however I have been noticing that as time goes by and this crisis isn't a new situation anymore that people kind of fade away and it's very sad!!!

Userlevel 1

Well I guess I’m still learning to answer that question. However, I know that life ebbs and flows and that’s just the way of things. Still in the middle of a bad experience right now it was the worst move ever in the world and the moving company threw half of my and my husband’s  stuff away! That’s why I started a go fund me in the first place. I will Come back to answer that question if things get better which I’m hoping they will.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve learned not to be so hard on myself because it’s not that bad, or it could of been worse. Being a strong believer that God works within you and me too is what makes you know your strengths. 

Userlevel 2

I think we are all continuing to go through something difficult or challenging. Am I right or am I right! Life is something that is constantly evolving. My experience as of late is multiple stressful situations compounding on top of each other. From family members passing away, to serious health issues, a business suffering... There's a saying that bad things happen in threes... well I feel it's like... 12s or 24s at this point. I'm continuing to learn about myself how I handle the things around me... both negative and positive. Trying my best to Learn from those situations. Know....I have the power to change things, and choose how to react. The power of real yes...and no's.  Extra Grateful for those around me that I love. Life is so short and so precious. 

You are ABSOLUTELY right! Hard times are nothing to be lighthearted about. This year in particular has been grueling for me. I can only hope that 2022 will bring something better, less emotional and physical stress.  You are right learning from negative and positive situations is conducive to personal growth. My reply to stress and or frustration often times is so classic “It could always be worse””. FOR REAL is can. It's all about how you interpret it. 

Userlevel 1

To be honest I have never had a support system. My parents were addicts so I grew up in the system, I put myself thru college and stayed away from drugs bc I never wanted to end up like them or fail at being a parent. I never had a relative or any friends who I could call when I got in a jam. I spend most of my time alone or with my child.. and I've learned that nobody really listens to your story that u think will. My friends or those I thought were scrolled past my go fund me and ignored my texts when I told them I'm fighting Prolactinoma now ( a brain tumor) and needed help to raise money for car repairs. I haven't heard anything from them at all.. not even a text to ask if I'm alright. I just want help and I can't find it. I be learned that sometimes when it seems like no one cares u have to sell ur tv, sell the stuff off your walls in your home and over exert yourself to be able to afford the costs of what u couldn't raise. I also learned that it costs nothing to be kind. 

Join the discussion