What have you learned about yourself after facing hard times?

What have you learned about yourself after facing hard times?

Show first post

137 replies

A lot of people have told me to pray. A lot of people don’t realize I do pray. 

I hate to say this, but I get the feeling GOD does not answer prayer, people do.  That in of itself is depressing to me as i above all else want to believe in GOD.  I still do! But i feel abandoned.  I feel like prayer is unheard by GOD. But people can help if they are moved in someway. It’s scary.

How could GOD watch one suffer? How can HE expect one to believe when one asks yet does not receive? Meanwhile, people launch rockets to the moon for fun, while a man looking for work cannot buy a diaper for a disabled child.

What happened to the answer to that prayer?

I admire your faith. and I am glad you feel so deeply about GOD.  But I no longer believe he is listening.

The Hebrews were made to wander 46 years before entering the promised land. But there are people today whom have waited long than that.  African Americans struggled and prayed for more than 400 years and still have not reached a promised land. native Americans have had their promised land stolen and then all were extinguished in the process. To this very day ALL Americans are made to fight for mere survival and in reality, still never own one square foot of any land at all, let alone promised land. 

Prayers go up into the heavens every moment. hourly, daily and eternally. While there is a vacant building just one block away from a homeless camp right here in Louisville. Each day a mother prays for GOD to help, and each day a mother has to tell their child we are having crackers for dinner. Every night, a man teaches his child to ask GOD for forgiveness, then in the morn, he awakes to fight to keep his water turned on.

I wonder where those prayers went if not to GOD? And if HE did hear them, why do they go unfulfilled? 

He “knows” all things, so he would know that not all, in fact very few mortals can read between the lines. So answers should be plain and clear.  Yet this suffering continues.  It has been said, “...do not tempt the Lord thy GOD.” I think someone must. 

Badge

Going through something difficult and making it out the other side is not something to downplay. With every experience, you have an opportunity to build character, learn more about the world, and potentially teach others through the wisdom of your experience.

When was the last time you went through something hard? What did you learn about yourself during the experience?

I’ve been through many tough times and many good times. I learned that I can for sure hold a heavy load on my shoulders and still have a smile on my face. 

I am sill going through some hard times right now epically with the thoughts of my dream may never come true but what I've learned throughout this whole trial is that you always got to keep your head up and think positively and something great will come out of it. never give up on your dreams sometimes it may take awhile to achieve them but one day it will come. i have also learned about my self is how i will keep fighting for something even when things to worse because i hope for the best and pray.  

I'll be honest, I have honestly learned way too much to explain in any amount of words but I am also in the process of taking in as much information as I can. I will say that I have learned that regardless of what I say, I am judged for my actions before people even give me the opportunity to explain myself. To be completely honest, I am a 15 year heroin addict and I haven't fully recovered from my "experience" or whatever u would like to call it. Although recently my heroin addiction took a very sharp turn and I was introduced to a substance called fentanyl.  Now I have this demon that is unbelievably powerful and is in itself an indescribably controlling substance that has taken a firm grasp onto me and is not wanting to even loosen up in the smallest of ways. I am doing my absolute very best to be as safe as possible but I'm not sure where to go from here... I'm not asking for pity or anything in any way but I just wanted to speak of my life a little, I apologize if I bothered anyone because it wasn't my intention. Thank u for reading what I had to say it is very much appreciated. 

What have I learned about myself. Well I learned to lean on God no matter what my faith has brought me through the death of my 25 year old baby girl who struggled with depression that lead her to  suicide my heart is so broken cause a mother should never have to bury her child and it's only been 4 months and I'm here cause God has me close to him not a day goes by that I don't miss her I even see her in my dreams from time to time but I don't think I would of made it this far with out God by my side. Thank you so much for my blessings. I love you God RIP Cheshnia

What have I learned about myself. Well I learned to lean on God no matter what my faith has brought me through the death of my 25 year old baby girl who struggled with depression that lead her to  suicide my heart is so broken cause a mother should never have to bury her child and it's only been 4 months and I'm here cause God has me close to him not a day goes by that I don't miss her I even see her in my dreams from time to time but I don't think I would of made it this far with out God by my side. Thank you so much for my blessings. I love you God RIP Cheshnia

Shes absolutely beautiful! To be honest I too have buried my child, my first son. And no mother should ever have to go through that although my son was a twin so I had to be strong for my daughter. And thank God for God and all his miracles bc I haven't ever had to tell my daughter she just somehow knew and he's been in her life a lot. But what I want to tell u is I can communicate with the deceased and u can too if u are ready and want to talk to your baby girl I can help u learn how no it's not of the devil or anything like the devil's work it's actually truly through God cuz I'm very very very godly I pray advocately and my world would be nothing without God.

But to answer your question.. I'm still learning so I'll have to get back to u on that question tbh

I'm actually going through something hard right now.. Hi, my name is Melissa. I am widow and single mother of 3 children, Melicia (14), Mekhi (11), and Malina (8). In April, everything in my life got turned upside down. I have been renting a room from someone who I thought was my friend. Well in April, the house was raided because of her negligence. I went to jail, bonded myself out, and then was cold that I lost my job and had to move out of the house and I've been living in since December. The good thing was at the time my children were not with me as of yet. For the past two months now extremely hard for me. I am getting evicted from the house and I'm having the hardest time finding a job. In about a week I'm about to be homeless with my children. The county and state that I live in only has one homeless shelter and they are full and I am on the waiting list. I just received a letter saying that my name is approaching the top of the list for section 8. With that being said I know that I'm not going to be able to have it within a week.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Of the eight members of my immediate family I was the child that REALLY challanged the depths of my parents health insurance!!! That trend of course continued well into adulthood, unfortunately I stopped qualifying for my parents PHENOMENAL coverage, I wish that were irrelevant, it is in this particular instance. So, pretty much all of my past medical maladies resulted in a lengthy hospitalization accompanied with a natural or medically induced coma. Leaving me completely oblivious of the world going round and round, blind to the suffering my loved ones are enduring, unaware of  the severity of my situation. This time however, A GOD DAMN FRACTURED SHOULDER!!! I broke my left arm when I was eight years old, fractured my right fibula 5-6 years ago. Neither required surgery, I am currently waiting for an infection to clear so I can have a THIRD SURGERY!!! It doesn’t appear I’ll be returning to work this year, I NEED THIS GOFUNDME!!! I ran out of my savings mid May. I am straying from what I’ve learned, I know I am a very patient person, also very good at travelling my journey here on Earth like water off a duck’s back. Being conscience and aware for all the incompetence the Ortho department out of Loyola has been kind enough to expose me to has taught me I have become non-confrontational. Given that I am a 6’2 human of color with a penis in the United States, it keeps me safe. It blows my mind that this medical emergency is the first and only time that I’m in the driver’s seat for!

I learned that even though it’s not fun, bad times and suffering can make people stronger. I know it has made me stronger, and closer to God. I have inoperable incurable lung cancer, and I have tremendous amount of pain from it. I have cancer in my lungs, the muscles of my ribs, the bones of my back, and my pelvis. It causes me pain everyday even though I am on pain pills. It causes me great distress that I would not even wish on my worst enemy. 

I believe suffering is a way that God is using to make me stronger, more empathetic, more altruistic, more loving, and more spiritual.

I wish I never got cancer, but I don’t know what kind of person I would have been if I never got it? Would I be the same empathetic, caring person I am today? Or would I just hyper focus on my career and let everything else go on the wayside. I am not sure, but I have a feeling that I am a better person because of my pain.

Everyday, I am becoming closer to God because I feel like I need Him to get through the day. He provides me with the support that I need. If I wasn’t in this predicament, I could be out doing my own thing and ignoring God completely.  

There is a reason for everything. I believe that going through this has been a lesson for me to learn to be a better person, to appreciate life more, to help others, and to love God with all of my heart.

I like to think that it’s not for nothing, that my pain has a purpose and that is what I like to believe in

What have i learned during trying times?

I've learned that no matter what you want to do doesn't really matter because u have to stand up and keep trying no matter what 

I've learned every bit of my soul is being tested when ur husband get diagnosed with stage 4 cancer your whole world falls apart he's only 38 and is battling cancer been though 2 rounds of chemo so far 

Normally I’ve ALWAYS been able to get myself and family out of whatever horrible situation we’re going through but this time I find myself very unable to climb this mountain carrying my family and handling everything.. I’m at the end of my rope and asking for help normally is just against my code. But lord please help us.

Hello everyone, recently I lost my best friend, my sister my rock, my everything. It’s hard dealing with the passing of a love one. It’s been 2 days I haven’t ate, sleep or shower. Every moment seems unreal. Her children eyes really hurt me. We have to be strong for them when I feel weak and helpless. They say keep the faith but why does the good people dies 💔💔💔 I have no words I can’t even help myself how can I help you 

#OnlyTymmeWillTell

I’m actually currently going through something difficult. I’ve been battling for custody for my son with no lawyer since February. Every attempt I’ve made to get a lawyer has failed either because of cost, or because they were unwilling to travel to the county my custody battle is set in. I’ve learned that not giving up is the key to anything life throws at you. I could have given up by now and just decided to cry and breakdown every day, but instead I have been doing everything I can think of to raise money for a lawyer. I’ve even tried picking up new talents that I can monetize. I never would have known I could do the different things I’ve learned if it wasn’t for this hard time. There is always a blessing in disguise with every trial you face. You will never be given more than you can handle.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I learned that I’m bad a managing stress ha! 

Because of that, I spend a lot of time trying to prevent it. My go to method is to prevent stress through methods like exercising, talking to my friends, getting enough sleep, yada yada.

But sometimes this isn’t enough! 

During those times, I find respite in a mantra. I will tell myself, “I’m going to be okay” over and over.  It’s super simple, but it never fails to comfort me. 

I also spend a lot of time listing to help me get super organized. Controlling my surroundings through small manageable goals keeps me turning the page on my day until I get passed whatever is causing me hardship. 

@Jules just what I needed TODAY!! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing. They say "stess" can kill although we do need some in our lives per the experts. Hmmm, I think I want ZERO stress :) Everyone enjoy your day/night.

Hello Everyone! It’s been 8 days since my best friend, sister and rock of 18 years have past away. It’s still hard as day one. I haven’t accept the fact she has pass but I have embraced the people around me. No one wants to see me depressed so I ate and shower for the first time today. I encourage everyone to appreciate everyone while you can. My heart still feels heavy. They say time heals wounds but that not true. Day 8 journal 

#OnlyTymmeWillTell

Hi my name is Natasha and I started my GoFundMe because I lost my son my handsome boy on March 8th, he is 16 it is hard to say was because I refuse to think of him in past tense. That day I can never forget it still plays over and over in my head that doctor saying I'm sorry, I blanked when I came back I was outside the hospital in a wheelchair them telling me to breath. I didn't want to I just wanted my baby. I remember begging pleading with God please take me. My baby has a smile that lit up any room his heart was so pure he would give you the shirt off his back. And I am not saying this because he is my son but because it is the truth. So day comes I walked behind my baby in that casket people just don't know what it took out of me. I literally never knew you could actually feel your heart break I did. I had my baby cremated because of I would have buried him that would have been my push over the edge. I did his funeral and after that two weeks exactly to the day he closed his eyes my sister who God knows I love so much also she passed away on March 22nd. At this point I am just lost my son and ow my sister. I became depressed my blood pressure was so high I couldn't stand to open my eyes my head was hurting so bad. I had to go in medication. me my husband and our kids have been through so much. My husband went back twork 2 weeks before me I went back in June. But our bills fell behind our vehicle motor blew up and now we're trying too so  make it. It's about time for school to go back we don't have money for bills much less clothes and school supplies.  Thank you for letting me tell my story. 

Badge

Going through something difficult and making it out the other side is not something to downplay. With every experience, you have an opportunity to build character, learn more about the world, and potentially teach others through the wisdom of your experience.

When was the last time you went through something hard? What did you learn about yourself during the experience?

One of the hardest things I went through was when both my parents died. My father passed first from a heart attack in 2017 and then my mother passed in 2018 from lung cancer. What I learned was that life is short and we have to grab the moments we can.

I've learned that I'm always the one who cares for everyone else before I care for myself...but it's time I put myself first I've been strong for so long that I deserve a chance to live and relax while I'm still here and I hope to do just that if we get moved soon 

Hmm... not so much hard times but more of envy n jealousy acts: Like I can't even go to the dentist without my own dentist having some crazy obsession about my own smile.... to the point the dude injected 💉  my lips with anesthesia 🤷🏾‍♂️ like who does thst!?

I’ve learned I am all that I have in the end. The only person I can bet on is me.

Ive learned be kind and yourself but understand that people are operating on pre programmed agendas not sincere and genuinely true or truthful not real, all the time, Ive learned to pray every single night and morning, that i still have the joy and energy to go on,  I have learned place your boundaries with people, speak up correct or you will end up in a predictament especially if that person is operating on a selfish agenda! i learned some times the ones you would take a bullet for are the ones behind the trigger, stay in your lane. for real. Ive learned to lead my example. you get what you give!

i HOPE i get threw this current hardship i am in. so i may share my testimony with confidence and maybe some happiness the world needs more of that. genuine sweet people.

Hello everyone I'm new to this community..today l'm feeling disappointed 😞  My event is tomorrow and I really was expecting folks to really help being that I'm always helping out. Any advice?

That I can endure far more than I ever thought I could, that i can dig down deeper and grab a little more far beyond the point when I initially think I'm done.

Join the discussion