What have you learned about yourself after facing hard times?

What have you learned about yourself after facing hard times?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Going through something difficult and making it out the other side is not something to downplay. With every experience, you have an opportunity to build character, learn more about the world, and potentially teach others through the wisdom of your experience.

When was the last time you went through something hard? What did you learn about yourself during the experience?

129 replies

I've learned through this tornado that terrorized our community that materials are nothing if your not here to enjoy. I value life more! 

Badge

These hard times are teaching me the quality of life, and cherish the good things I do have .

I’ve learned to be humble. the light still shines at the end of the tunnel. fight for your equal rights

Hi there I'm new to go fund me ... I'm not sure what to do or say. My momma died on 12/19/2021 after struggling thru Trauma Icu and Sicu. Her intestines exploded inside of her she was in the hospital from 7/17/2021. She was throwing up so much and all of a sudden she was facing the end of life experience after going thru several surgeries.  It was the saddest experience for me . J wasn't prepared for this and I can't afford to get her last wishes. My mom I'd now at a funeral home I'm waiting for funding from the county but they won't even provide me with a urn or a death certificate.  Any advice would be appreciated greatly 

Going through something difficult and making it out the other side is not something to downplay. With every experience, you have an opportunity to build character, learn more about the world, and potentially teach others through the wisdom of your experience.

When was the last time you went through something hard? What did you learn about yourself during the experience?

To be honest, I'm going through it right now. That's why I started this GoFundMe account. I've been sick, starting to get better, husband lost his job and can't find a new one... Now I'm short on my rent and in jeopardy of losing my home... I'm so scared

Thank u for the feed back I need to get out and make new friends start new habits. It's been hard I am facing slot of struggles with losing my mom. I also have a son that is dependent of me and a daughter over seas . Things will work out I have faith and even though I am not big on social media anymore I am sure I will come up with the funds to properly lay my mom to rest . I made a lil garden for her in her memory . I miss her so much .

Badge

I'm keeping my head up and doing what in can to get some attention on my fundraiser. I was once told when I'm stressed out of going through something they just remind your self that someone always has it worse. And try an look at what you do got not what you don't and appreciate it.. I tell my daughter all the time that "to the world you are one person but to one person you are the world" ‘

Userlevel 2
Badge

Honestly and maybe a little embarrassing but nothing and im sorry for that.maybe it will chane but cant see anything of value to come from watching my family suffer and need things and i cant do nothing.when my yougezt comes. Asking for something like yogurt and i say we cant its like a stab in the heart

I came out west 4 1/2 years ago hoping to turn my life around. Nothing prepared me for the horror I experienced. I developed PTSD and attempted suicide. I immediately regretted the attempt and put all my effort into piecing my life into some semblance of order. I had tremendous help from my puppy Doober, which is why I'm here. What I learned from that is I am so much stronger than I ever imagined. I know 100% I can face anything with confidence and courage. I now know what complete peace and utter joy feels like because I have known complete chaos and utter terror. There can not be one without the other. I am glad for the lessons I have learned and the ability to grant forgiveness to those who have hurt me. Gratitude is the best lesson anyone can learn. I am so incredibly grateful to still be apart of this life and to still have the ability to hold my Doober in my arms. Light and love.

I am actually going through it now. I was embarrassed and ashamed when creating my post for help. I will say that I am reminded from this experience the reason I would always help others is because I've walked in some of their shoes and knows what it feels like. Unless you are a millionaire/billionaire we will all need someone at some point in our lives and even they (millionaire/billionaire) will eventually need someone. 

I came out west 4 1/2 years ago hoping to turn my life around. Nothing prepared me for the horror I experienced. I developed PTSD and attempted suicide. I immediately regretted the attempt and put all my effort into piecing my life into some semblance of order. I had tremendous help from my puppy Doober, which is why I'm here. What I learned from that is I am so much stronger than I ever imagined. I know 100% I can face anything with confidence and courage. I now know what complete peace and utter joy feels like because I have known complete chaos and utter terror. There can not be one without the other. I am glad for the lessons I have learned and the ability to grant forgiveness to those who have hurt me. Gratitude is the best lesson anyone can learn. I am so incredibly grateful to still be apart of this life and to still have the ability to hold my Doober in my arms. Light and love.

I have learned to appreciate every little thing I have with a little a small or big. I went from having it all the time and zero and I really appreciate having a roof of my head up to being homeless for a year. I used to be in AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL had it all. Lost my mom fell into a deep depression got out of a domestic valance and now I’m just trying to be independent with my three little babies five year old three year old and a 2year old son

I’ve been taking care of my mom since October 2020, when she became disabled from GBS. I learned I’m mentally a LOT stronger than I thought I was. Dad, mom, and I have been through a lot of hardship this past year, especially when this all first began, but things have slowly been getting better. This entire experience has put me through so much, and I ended up in the ER once, but somehow I’m still going.

Well after facing some of the hardest times financially, I learned that sometimes you have to save money and invest your time and energy for the future and sacrifice what you want but you can live without 

I lost my Mama in March of 2020 

It was one of my hardest battles but I learned through it that I do NOT HAVE to have anyone but God 

I've made it without her so I know I am capable of so much more now by myself 

Userlevel 1

Myrna C, things I have learned about myself since having this experience??

I have had many not so good experiences, but I have always managed to pick up the pieces, I know life is a learning experience, and no matter how old a person is, life has a way of challenging us, with many ups and downs, so I continue to go on each day, and count my blessings, things may get rough at times, but there’s that little bright light in the end, that’s what I hold on to, of course I feel defeated, but a few hours later, I move to plan B, I just don’t like getting stuck in the  issues, I just try to solve them.

I am moving on to the bright side of life:grin: .    

I've learned that I can be grateful for all the moments Im not hurting and can laugh with my kids. Life is short and just take it one day at a time

So right 🎯

Myrna C, things I have learned about myself since having this experience??

I have had many not so good experiences, but I have always managed to pick up the pieces, I know life is a learning experience, and no matter how old a person is, life has a way of challenging us, with many ups and downs, so I continue to go on each day, and count my blessings, things may get rough at times, but there’s that little bright light in the end, that’s what I hold on to, of course I feel defeated, but a few hours later, I move to plan B, I just don’t like getting stuck in the  issues, I just try to solve them.

I am moving on to the bright side of life:grin: .    

You make things feel better. To let everything flow and moving on is the best and brightest part of life 

Hi I'm Danielle and I've known too many struggles to even mention,but I'm started a go fund me for my daughters accident,I haven't had much luck but won't stop trying. We all go through hard times everywhere and best thing to remember is we need to try to help and support everyone no matter what..

I've learned, love is worth the pain of my existence. My fiance and I have proven Love holds strong, even in the face of poverty and dispair. We almost decided to take our lives before we met, but learned how to be strong for each other, no matter what trouble has befallen us. Its been a hard, but at least we have each other.

I have learned how humbling it is to be on the side of reviving❤️
I never thought I would be in this position😢

I cannot wait to pay-it-forward🙌

I learned I wanted to help people more, which is why after meeting people who have gone through similar hardships as mine I converted my gofundme to being about creating a community home rather than getting back on my feet after escaping abuse.

I've learned that life is full of ups and downs. I've learned to stay humble and not only focus on myself but to care and have compassion for other. I've learned that there are some bad people out there who don't have the same heart that I do. But rather they will attack you in your weakest spots. I've learned that the soul can feel crushed and my spirit broken. But the pain is only temporary and even though pain leaves a wake in it's trail that causes emotional damage. Time really can heal all wounds if thats what you set your mind too. I've learned that karma is a real thing and I've seen it take effect on those who did wrong and have negative intentions. I've learned that life isn't perfect but a positive energy can go farther then a negative one

I’ve learned I am always the go to person, the one people can depend on, but I can not count on one person. I’ve also learned I’m stronger than I think. 

Userlevel 2

I learned to surf on chaos and I learned to value the stressors more then the relief. I learned how to find more beauty in dysfunctional messes than in organized perfection or cleanliness. I learned of the destructions I have caused with my own choices, behaviors and decisions in life and how they impacted those around me. I learned that without the critical force of change and discomfort, growth can never occur and new life cannot exist. I learned that I was extremely wise as a child to choose a life with more trauma and less comforts, because excessive comfort only leads to laziness, complacency and idiocy. I also learned that I rather enjoy learning new things and I intend to continue to do so. I also learned that I have an extreme allergy to humanity in general, and that very few of them seem to be capable of sharing my perspective. 

I like my answer the best. :) You don’t have to though. I think you should have your own answers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I’ve learned that my level of hope and patience is super strong because I have faith that I’ll get the help I need.

Join the discussion