What’s your favorite way to relax?

• 22 November 2021
  • 33 replies
What’s your favorite way to relax?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

People on GoFundMe are raising money for all sorts of things - their dreams, local community, fun adventures, and often for pretty intense situations. One thing we all have in common though, is the need to find a way to relax sometimes.

So we want to know – what’s your favorite way to decompress and relax after a stressful day? What stress relief tips do you have to share with fellow community members?

33 replies

Music & enjoy time with my son

Served Jesus Christ be at church sometimes do exercises and trying to be in peace with each other and give love and hope to others tru my testimony 

Painting, or even listening to a bit of classical music is something that helps me relax. Sometimes we get so caught up in life we forget that at times we need to have a moment to relax and release any stress from our mind. Relaxing is healthy and beneficial in many ways. 

One way for me to relax is beading which takes my mind off of everything. I also spend time with my brand babies, I love them so much

Hanging with my children, cooking, etc 

Sitting down after dinner and housework is done with a cup of coffee and playing video games with my 8 year old :)

I play with my kitties and clean litter boxes.  There is a race to see who can dirty the litter box first.

Badge

My favorite way to relax is watching some of my favorite shows. I enjoy Dynasty, You, Lucifer and The Handmaid’s Tale. I also enjoy listening to music while driving down a back road in the country, I find this so incredibly peaceful. 

It all depends on my particular mood. If I'm really anxious, I once danced to fav music until I got it all out. Can't do that effectively with my new prosthetic leg. I do listen to music loudly and sing along or play guitar to it. Other times depression is my mood and I can't relax, so I occupy my brain with streaming. I try to find tv shows I never watched before. CSI Las Vegas, Bones, Law n Order( old ones) SVU..22 seasons so have fun...I also at times need comedy, so I try to find a movie or TV show that's comedic.

Strangely, horror, thrillers relax my brain the most in a unique way. I'm so involved with the movie, who's doing what, etc, that all I'm uptight about is gone. This is a way of relaxing. I'm a writer, mystery, thriller, horror, so if I'm not too uptight, I write either an idea synopsis or a short story. If I can get to acting silly and goofy, I'll do that with my disabled teen( Downs n Autism non verbal) who loves to be silly...we have drums, Djimba, Congas, and we play them, dance around and be silly. My dog enjoys joining in.

Join the discussion