Getting started in the Community

• 2 November 2021
  • 62 replies
Getting started in the Community
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Welcome! We’re so glad you’re here. Here’s a few tips for getting started on our community forums. Questions about how the community platform works? Let us know in the comments below!

What this community is for:

The GoFundMe Community is mostly made of GoFundMe organizers looking to make a difference. It’s a place to connect with others, share tips, advice, and emotional support on the fundraising journey. Because all our members are trying to raise money for their own fundraisers, we ask that you avoid making posts asking for donations or fundraiser shares.

Here’s some tips on getting the most out of the Community: 

1. Create a connection with other organizers:  The members in this community are fundraisers just like you, and we’re all in this together. Root someone on by liking their post, or comment on a challenge someone is facing to show your support. 

2. Swap best practices and fundraising wins: What worked wonders for your fundraiser? Whatever it is, share what you tried with the group by creating a discussion. Even if it's a small win, you never know what piece of advice could help another member with their effort. 

3. Build your reputation by answering questions and providing feedback: If you know a thing or two about fundraising, try answering some of the questions from our newer members by clicking, “Help others” underneath the Discussion Rooms. Each time you help someone, you will receive points that will raise your reputation score.

Please note: posts asking for donations or shares will be removed. Sharing your GoFundMe link is only allowed in your profile, or when asking for feedback about your fundraiser.

How to use the platform: 

Email notifications and other settings 

Want less (or more) email notifications? Want to add a profile picture? You can find all this and more in your settings.

Just click your profile picture in the top right corner, and navigate to “settings.”

Once you click that profile picture, you’ll also find lots of other stuff, like your profile where you can check out your recent badges earned as well as your activity on the Community forums. Just hit the “edit profile” button to change info on your profile page.

Finding the “Help others” feed

You might have come to the Community looking for advice about your own fundraiser, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help others with theirs while you’re here! Check out the “Help others” feed and jump in with support and advice. Let’s support each other on our fundraising journeys! 

​​​Any tips to share about your experience with the community so far? Share in the comments below!

62 replies

Thank you so much for this information. I am still a little nervous about everything. 

Userlevel 3

Just a shout-out to congratulate GoFundMe on the new look!

Adeyela

Women in Training, Inc.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks so much @Adeyela Bennett! Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback as you explore around the new community forums!

Userlevel 2

Hello everyone hope everyone is having a wonderful day

Userlevel 2

Hello everyone, just need a little help here just letting y’all know I’m here to help as well. God bless 🤙🏼

Userlevel 3

Good Morning, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am here as a friend and friends are here to listen and help. Yes, I am going through a Traumatic experience and the last 3 years have been a rough rocky road. You see I the night of Mother’s Day 3yrs ago I lost my youngest son in what was called a Tragic accident. Although my Gut tells me another story, I cannot bring him back to this world. I fought day in and day out to hold it together and I pray to Farther “GOD” not to offend anyone on the site, I want you to know I respect You as a person and we all have the right to choices (At least I Hope we do). I walked with faith and asked My father GOD to keep me safe and to put Peace and Love into my heart. My story is no different than your story. We are all here for support and some form of Help. Support for a cause that gave us the courage to ask the Public for HELP! Staying focused on what is going to make me happy is how I get through my day. I really don’t know what this MOLD Monster is attempting to do to my health, but it doesn’t feel good. I have to say that I won’t be beat by this other silent killer. I will concentrate on my health and not worry about could or may happen. I am worrying about what I can do to get me back to what I was the Norm for Me. What the higher powers already have for me this Mold Monster will not take. I know that the people who are taking the time to read our request and who are capable of supporting anyone of US, weather being Monetary, Mentally, Verbally, or Physically, in the end it is still a form of giving. Remember we all must Give something every day, so as you begin your day make sure to keep your Mind and Health and free of negative garbage and remember to share kind words. There is definitely a light at the end, and although we don’t know what waits for each us, I know that My light is shining bright. My Son who is now my Yellow Butterfly is my Peace of Mind! And His spirit keeps me fighting and the Love he had for People was too Good for this Planet. I won’t give up and I will beat this BLACK MOLD NIGHTMARE. 

In My Words, Love Rose:butterfly:

EVERYONE HAVE A PEACEFUL BLESSED DAY!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Wow live your advice to these questions and advice, I also live your voice and how you express sincere awnser to each individual’s needs I’m not sure what your support chain in the go fund me is but I am glad to meet such passionate kind beings linke myself who not only enjoy helping others knowledge grow but also actively growing and educating platforms like myself I have spent past few years with google and now have earned developer badges and a top local guide on maps it gives me such great happiness to get the achievements I don’t get from being a stay at hone mom and always depressed but doing these online community platforms and watching them grow as your own content is published just makes me feel more purpose in life and gives me gratification that just maybe I have helped some in this world other then just in my lil family I have made for myself ;)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Welcome to the GoFundMe Community, @Aliciaj1984, good to have you here.

Userlevel 1

This was so helpful!! Thank you for the tips. I’m just scared to feel like I’m begging 💔

Userlevel 1

Just a thanks for having this group to join. I am uncomfortable enough😨☺️ needing the help. 

Userlevel 1

It’s so nice to have a community that is just trying to help each other get to our goal.  I am currently doing a go fund me for my little family and any advice and help would be more than appreciated

Userlevel 1

Hello! Loved hearing all of your stories glad to know I’m not the only first timer, I’m on this website on behalf of an older neighbor that’s never had internet presence, if anyone can give me some tips on how I can help boost the page I made for her, she didn’t want to use a photo of herself, it’s for emergency rental assistance. Thanks for your help. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello everyone. I made my first GoFundMe account on November 4th to help our little family financially during this difficult time we are facing. I’m hoping to even meet some new people and make some new friends. I have donated to many gofundme accounts in the past of family and friends and even people who I didn’t know, so I know this organization is amazing. If anyone could share any tips, I would greatly appreciate it. God bless. 

Userlevel 1

God bless everyone on this page. It has been really hard for myself and my daughter. She lost her son, Quii-on Boston (21), Oct 11 to lymphoma cancer and it has taken a change in her. She was there with him through everything he went through at the NIH in Bethesda, Maryland. Before he passed he told her to be strong and that he loved her. She keeps hearing him saying that to her. She laid him to rest on Oct.23. She still has burial expense to pay for. It's  a pleasure to be able to talk about him. He was and a God sent child and I truly miss him. Thanks for listening to his granny.

Hello I have a campaign called Helping Hands 4 Change….I service the elderly and feed them on a weekly basis…..here lately I haven’t been able to keep it up because of funding….I started this campaign thing it would be of great help but so far it has moved extremely slow….PLEASE tell me what I can do to get donations coming so I can continue this grand gesture for my elderly friends

Thank you for the advice!! kinda nervous starting out but i think this will help people.

Thank you for the information I think it helped alot 

Hello I have a fundraiser that I need help getting attention to, was wondering if anyone have any ideas to get my fundraiser some attention? 

I was nervous to ask for help. 😭 The government won't help me so I had to look for another source

I too am a bit nervous to ask people to help my son with funds.  We have never had to ask for help and appreciate all the advise and help we can get.  Thank you for these discussions and the tips they provide.  Best Wishes to everyone on this forum.

Good Morning, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am here as a friend and friends are here to listen and help. Yes, I am going through a Traumatic experience and the last 3 years have been a rough rocky road. You see I the night of Mother’s Day 3yrs ago I lost my youngest son in what was called a Tragic accident. Although my Gut tells me another story, I cannot bring him back to this world. I fought day in and day out to hold it together and I pray to Farther “GOD” not to offend anyone on the site, I want you to know I respect You as a person and we all have the right to choices (At least I Hope we do). I walked with faith and asked My father GOD to keep me safe and to put Peace and Love into my heart. My story is no different than your story. We are all here for support and some form of Help. Support for a cause that gave us the courage to ask the Public for HELP! Staying focused on what is going to make me happy is how I get through my day. I really don’t know what this MOLD Monster is attempting to do to my health, but it doesn’t feel good. I have to say that I won’t be beat by this other silent killer. I will concentrate on my health and not worry about could or may happen. I am worrying about what I can do to get me back to what I was the Norm for Me. What the higher powers already have for me this Mold Monster will not take. I know that the people who are taking the time to read our request and who are capable of supporting anyone of US, weather being Monetary, Mentally, Verbally, or Physically, in the end it is still a form of giving. Remember we all must Give something every day, so as you begin your day make sure to keep your Mind and Health and free of negative garbage and remember to share kind words. There is definitely a light at the end, and although we don’t know what waits for each us, I know that My light is shining bright. My Son who is now my Yellow Butterfly is my Peace of Mind! And His spirit keeps me fighting and the Love he had for People was too Good for this Planet. I won’t give up and I will beat this BLACK MOLD NIGHTMARE. 

In My Words, Love Rose:butterfly:

EVERYONE HAVE A PEACEFUL BLESSED DAY!

The fact that you are still here to write this is a testament of how strong you are and that you will overcome. 🙂

I am new to this style of challenges. I know that we are all here for a reason. Never loose your faith in what you believe. Maybe this is the way you will be stronger as a person and maybe you can let it tare you apart. Staying positive and allow your energy to manifest itself. if you do not take care of yourself you can’t take care of the ones that need you the most. In memorys or in life. 

Thank you so much for this feedback! I'm new to this and hopefully my page will get some attention! Hope everyone gets the help they need no matter what and have a great day!!

Thanks so much for the information! I’m excited and nervous about putting my goal out there. But thrilled about the idea that this might become a possibility! 

Thank you so much for this information. I am still a little nervous about everything. 

This did help a lot 😭🙏🏼

Join the discussion