How to use the community

• 15 July 2022
  • 92 replies
How to use the community
Userlevel 6

Welcome! We’re glad you’re here. The GoFundMe Community is a space where people can come together to share tips, questions, ideas, experiences, and advice. 

Here’s some tips on getting the most out of the Community: 

1. Create a connection with other organizers:  The members in this community are people raising money just like you. Root someone on by liking their post, or comment on a challenge someone is facing to show your support. 

2. Swap tips and fundraising wins: What types of things worked for your fundraiser? Whatever it is, share what you tried with the group by creating a discussion. Even if it's a small win, you never know what piece of advice could help another member with their effort. 

3. Answer questions and provide feedback: Check out new posts in the discussions feed to lend a hand. 

4. Fill out your profile: Help community members get to know you by uploading an image and adding the link to your fundraiser to your profile.

Please note: posts asking for donations or shares will be removed. Sharing your GoFundMe link is only allowed in your profile, or when asking for feedback about your fundraiser. Check out our Community Guidelines for more info.

How to use the platform: 

Email notifications and other settings 

Want less (or more) email notifications? Want to add a profile picture? . 

You can make these changes by clicking your profile picture in the top right corner, and navigating to “settings.”

-s5T1UwZMaAYx0KLmOqw1GE3WJ0MxvUjmfj4nQRqin8ULCDbnTIlDdKkQ5NrAvh_-GxNGm9Duo23o7yO1rqAY2z3UDosWMrj9TAHu8Iy4pWXKMrpAAOM0cMiahVc9JdvgJA1RC5RqDM2aF7PkA

Within your profile, you’ll find lots of other stuff like your recently earned badges and your activity on the Community forums. Just hit the “edit” to update your information. 

Quote feature and tagging members

One way to reply to another member is by typing “@” and their username until it appears from the dropdown. Select their name to embed it into your response.  

Another way to reply to members is to use the quote feature found at the bottom of a comment. 

Using search

A quick way to learn from others is to use the search feature before creating a discussion. There’s a good chance that someone else had a similar question in the past and you may be able to find your answer easily by joining a previous conversation. 

Helping others

Want to give back? You can see who needs help by scrolling down the community homepage and checking the “Help Others” tab. Words of encouragement can go a long way here if you don’t feel comfortable sharing advice yet. 

Questions about how the community platform works? Let us know in the comments below!

(P.S. Please stay on topic with comments. Off-topic comments will be removed.)

92 replies

Userlevel 4

I didnt know I was replying to apost. I thought I was leaving a post. Not sure how to navigate this page. Apologize.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Just wanted to send up a quick prayer for all of us that our needs are being met. God is good all the time 💕💜💕

Userlevel 4

Not sure how go fund me works no one clicks on my links people don't help 350x more by sharing to Facebook or Twitter. I been trying and trying.

Userlevel 5

I just wanted to thank gofundme for letting me help other people that don't have homes food  or any safe place 

Userlevel 5

Hello everybody I hope all is well , let’s stay positive and prayed up.  We all have to keep going to we reach our goals . 
             Oh and remember love is life

And life is ❤️ love 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Not sure how go fund me works no one clicks on my links people don't help 350x more by sharing to Facebook or Twitter. I been trying and trying.

I shared your link on my Facebook page, I hope that helps 💕💜💕

Userlevel 4

How do we go about sharing things more publicly? 

Userlevel 7
Badge

I only have Facebook as a way to share my link, but some of my friends have twitter and instagram so I asked them to share my link for me. Hope this helps 💕💜💕

Userlevel 4

Okay same. I only have Facebook so I guess I will ask others to share the link for me. And we can only have one image or did I do something wrong? I see I can "update" with photos but like the main page where everyone looks is only 1? No slideshow type thing? 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Okay same. I only have Facebook so I guess I will ask others to share the link for me. And we can only have one image or did I do something wrong? I see I can "update" with photos but like the main page where everyone looks is only 1? No slideshow type thing? 

A slideshow would be cool, but no, it's just the one photo that I know of and you can add in the update section 

Userlevel 3

I don’t have any social media, how could I go about trying to make this more public ? This is my first time on here, feeling confused 

Userlevel 7
Badge

I don’t have any social media, how could I go about trying to make this more public ? This is my first time on here, feeling confused 

I think the only way to do it without social media is by sending it through email to people that you know. I would suggest asking someone who does have social media to help you in order to get it more public, otherwise you're limited to your list of email accounts I'm guessing. I hope this helps  💕💜💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Erika McCracken You can add images to your story directly. 

Userlevel 3

Some great info here and thanks for the tips and prayers and wishing everyone much success. Blessings wished for all of us and our causes. stay positive! and many Thanks to Go Fund Me for letting me post a story and a cause to collect for.. I’m hopeful to pay it forward when I reach my goal and make things better for others as well.

Userlevel 3

Sending love, hope we can all reach our goals and make dreams come true. Community is so important. <3 

Userlevel 3

Mare sure all your settings for your gofundme are set to public on Facebook Instagram Twitter any of the social networks. 

Userlevel 3

With the understanding that everyone in these times is truly going thru something  💔  I pray you all are blessed moving forward  🙏  life is hard tough times is not forever I hope you get that extra push we all need. Prayers and faith always.

Userlevel 2

Dee, did you send links to individuals via text or email from your contacts on your phone or email? Also, if you post on Facebook, is your post public so everyone can see it, or is it private? I’d recommend it being public. I posted on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and sent links to individuals. There’s also Pinterest, YouTube and TickTok and Snapchat. Good luck and God bless us all.

Userlevel 3

For everyone out there needing help I am saying stick to it and don't give up. I don't know how well ill do or you will do but I do still have faith I humanity and just a little faith can go a long way.

Userlevel 4

Just wanted to send up a quick prayer for all of us that our needs are being met. God is good all the time 💕💜💕

Same to you!!🙏

Userlevel 4

For everyone out there needing help I am saying stick to it and don't give up. I don't know how well ill do or you will do but I do still have faith I humanity and just a little faith can go a long way.

Thank you for this! Needed it today!

Userlevel 4

Here along with so many needing help or assistance,  happy to not feel so alone in this but wish we all had healing of this world.  Don't give up! Stay positive! And remember,  YOU CAN AND WILL CONQUER!! WE MUST!! 🙏💪❣🌬🤍🫁 

#Longhauler #TransplantLung #CovidRelief #Alaskan #homesteader #inupiaqproud 

Userlevel 2

Thanks, definitely needed to hear that with what’s been going on. I will admit like others I don’t really have a social media presence and that makes it hard to start something like this. I know I’m probably not the only one that feels embarrassed when pretty much my first post on a social media is me asking for money.

Userlevel 3

Thanks 🙏🏾

Userlevel 3

Hello everybody I hope all is well , let’s stay positive and prayed up.  We all have to keep going to we reach our goals . 
             Oh and remember love is life

And life is ❤️ love 

Thanks 🙏🏾 because I didn't know that it would be this tough 😞 #NeverGiveUp

Join the discussion