A good, light-hearted pick me up would be nice.

• 19 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi all! I'm sure we might all be in the same boat, but may be in the same ocean of our tears. Im so new to this but desperate times call for desperate measures. Covid might be a big part of our problems, but we can't give up yet! I was very close to giving up last month when I didn't have enough for my insulin (I am diabetic with type1) and seems this problem is coming up again! I work in retail, and we only have 8 workers left for a 24 hour store (others have quit or left to go elsewhere). I cannot stress the holidays enough and feel myself run ragged. 

I am looking for ways to help get my gofundme into social media, also just to vent a bit, and hopefully connect to an audience that may be in the same river as I am. Since most I hear everyday are angry customers, frustrated patients, and irritated/exhausted staff. A good, light-hearted pick me up would be nice.

4 replies

I feel the same way. Im struggling with PTSD and financial hardship and feel like giving up but I know there is some light in the tunnel somewhere. I wish and hope the best for you!

I feel the same way. Im struggling with PTSD and financial hardship and feel like giving up but I know there is some light in the tunnel somewhere. I wish and hope the best for you!

Thank you Joel! We are not alone and I wish the same hope onto you! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @Alex Johnson I’m not sure if this will help, but I wanted to share some resources GoFundMe has to help you get the insulin you need - https://www.gofundme.com/c/blog/how-to-get-insulin

In addition to this, I do have some recommendations on your fundraiser page if you would like any tips! 

Hey @Alex Johnson I’m not sure if this will help, but I wanted to share some resources GoFundMe has to help you get the insulin you need - https://www.gofundme.com/c/blog/how-to-get-insulin

In addition to this, I do have some recommendations on your fundraiser page if you would like any tips! 

Yes, thank you Jules. I look forward for any and all tips I am able to do.

Join the discussion