Howdy - I'm a former IT tech

• 14 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Howdy, I'm new around here. I'm a former IT tech, been unemployed for 3+ years. Ive tried every legal trick in the books to make some money, but waited on GoFundMe, as many see me as fake. I consider myself highly motivated, even after all this time and have been doing some pretty cool stuff recently like building websites and designing logos. I'm doing what I can. I don't want to beg for donations (but do have la zero bones), just wanna get hired instead if possible. Otherwise, I like anything to do with art, tech, and I'm passionate about history like the origin of names. I'm Autistic, just keeping myself motivated. Maybe I'll share my art here too if it's allowed.

Also, what forum/CMS software is GoFundMe using? It looks like Zendesk, but can't tell.

6 replies

Hi!  I don’t have any knowledge of IT or your background, but I know a lot about the medical field and the IT needs it has.  I can talk further with you about if you like.  I also understand the Autism, I have Aspergers.  :) 

Badge

Hi!  I don’t have any knowledge of IT or your background, but I know a lot about the medical field and the IT needs it has.  I can talk further with you about if you like.  I also understand the Autism, I have Aspergers.  :) 

Awesome! What do you do in the medical field? I've never been a fan, not good around gross biology stuff. lol

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Pax welcome. Our community forums are pretty new and they’re powered by InSided. 🙂

Pax,

Fortunately, IT never sees any of the gory stuff.  Honestly, if I had to guess, a majority of calls they get is helping nurses reset their password lol.  Medical IT is typically in the administrative building or sometimes even at home, from what I understand. 

I’ve worked in emergency medicine for 20+ years.  

Badge

I’m kinda tired right now, it’s been a long day of nothing. If anyone is curious, this is the site I’m working on getting up and running https://projektblackhorn.com. My motivation is shot to hell though, so it’s slow going and some days I don’t even do anything. I’m not trying to advertise, just saying that I’m doing something at least. I don’t want to live life by donations. If this is the wrong spot to post this, let me know. I’m keeping on.

Badge

Decided to cancel this site, gonna try Shopify instead to make some bucks. I'm depressed, but still going for it. I have overdrafted my account by now officially, so uh, yeah, I'm doing good.

Join the discussion