I'm new and need some resources

• 1 November 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2

I am new to this social thing just want to help kids in the community for the holidays. Help! 

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @Zelhor Chandler welcome to the community. How can we help? Is there something specific you’d like advice on? 

Can some one plz read my story

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi there @Alexis Johnson I’d recommend making a new discussion in the Swap Feedback category to get some feedback about your story. 

I'm new to this i don't know I just need help

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Alexis Johnson I recommend that you start here or  here . Read a bit about how it all works, and then circle back here with any follow up questions.  

I just started a GoFundMe for Birthday/Christmas assistance for my children. They turn 16 on November 28 and 13 on December 11 and I am out of work due to a knee injury. I don't know how to get mine shared around more. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @Amy Clark The best way is to enlist the help of a couple of close friends. Using your own network, and theirs, you can push the word out further. 

How do you get your page notice if you really don't have friends with social media or who can't afford to help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Leslie Warner Have you seen our post on how to get noticed without social media? You can also share via texts, emails, and phone calls. If your friends can’t afford to help, one of the best ways to spread the word is to ask your friends to share your fundraiser instead. Even if they can’t help financially, asking them to share your cause with those they know who might be able to help out is a great way to get support, too. 

@Leslie Warner Have you seen our post on how to get noticed without social media? You can also share via texts, emails, and phone calls. If your friends can’t afford to help, one of the best ways to spread the word is to ask your friends to share your fundraiser instead. Even if they can’t help financially, asking them to share your cause with those they know who might be able to help out is a great way to get support, too. 

I understand all that but I have no family and really no friends, I have been focued on building my cleaning business and in college  and then raising 2 teenagers and an infant on my own. Without family and friends how do you get your Go Fund Me Page noticed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Leslie Warner With crowdfunding, most of the donations will likely come from people you know. Without friends or a social network, it may be harder to raise the funds that you need, but we do have some ideas you can try.

First, it's important to write an engaging and persuasive story - be very specific with how you came to decide on your goal amount, and how exactly any donations you receive will be spent, since you'll need to be able to convince people who don’t know you to help. If you don’t know anyone, going out of your way to form a relationship with someone may be beneficial so they can help promote your page to their own social media page. 

I can see you’ve already received some donations as well, so the best way to spread the word to people you don't know, is to ask the people you do know (or those who have already donated) to share your fundraiser. You can also try posting flyers in your community, or reaching out to local news outlets and media sources, along with groups on Facebook with causes similar to yours.

Join the discussion