I want to be an outdoor YouTuber.

• 19 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m having problems getting people to donate or share my fundraiser because no one believes that I’ll be able to be a outdoor YouTuber but theres none in my state and I live in the national state so I was literally born in the outdoors and I’m a good entertainer. What do I do?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Michael Lawson In your shoes, I would try to create a ‘prototype’ to show them what you’re capable of. You don’t need a fancy camera to do this - your phone could probably work if you have a smartphone. 

When business people bring a product to the market, they do a lot of testing first, and they get people excited about the idea of that thing existing. I think you need to do this too before you start trying to fundraise.

What’s the minimum amount you need to be able to convince people that you have what it takes? This is usually where other people start. 

If you don’t have a smartphone that can handle a video, then try to do a presentation in person. Take photos on your phone and make a mockup and script for an idea you have for your project. Then, invite people over and entertain them! Make it fun, and have your fundraiser on hand, so they can donate at the end, or during your presentation, if you do a good job at persuading them. 

If they still don’t donate, ask them right then and there, what’s missing. People love to give advice and feedback. You just got to set the stage for it. 

Join the discussion