My family is homeless in Florida. Does anyone know of any resources?

• 13 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Me and my family are facing homelessness and I have searched all over for help and can't find it we live in Florida does anyone have any knowledge of help? 

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Matthew Blanco I’m so sorry you are going through this.  Although I’m not familiar with social programs available to you I do have some ideas.  I really think you will find a lot of support both on GoFundMe and on NextDoor.  I would recommend making a GoFundMe fundraiser first so that anyone you get to help has an easy way to do so.  Then I would tell your story on NextDoor.  You would be amazed at how sympathetic people are the subject and I know there will be an outpouring of support for you.  I just witnessed this in my area, people will come out of the woodwork to help your family, ou just need to be open, honest, and put your story out there.  We all make mistakes but own the reasons why you might be in the position you’re in, and your neighbors will be able to relate.  I’d love to help further so please let me know if I can.  

@Tim Scheer  Yeah I did make a GoFundMe fundraiser but don't have any social media accounts to share it and I'm not very good with tech so I am just trying to figure out how to share my story. I appreciate it. 

Join the discussion