Unexpected Costs

• 3 November 2021
  • 1 reply

So my wife and I received some amazing news after we have tried for years to conceive with no luck. A friend was willing to carry for us. So we are expecting BABY G March 2022, the only unfortunate setback is, for both of us to be able to leave the hospital with the baby and for us to be the babies “parents” and be on his birth certificate we have to hire a lawyer, Michelle Duff King of Lexington NC is willing to help us draw up all the correct paperwork needed since we are a same sex married couple and then we were told we have to have DSS come in for a complete home study. Which all this was completely unexpected, especially  since i’ve been out of work for two months with Covid and all of our savings had to go toward our current bills ALL we wanna do is bring our baby home and show him love …  SO HOW DO WE GET THE HELP ????

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Crystal Greenamyer I would start by listing out 1-3 friends or family members with a summary of the situation, and let them know that you need support. I would then list a couple of different ways they can support you, and how much it would mean to you to know they have your back. Once you get a couple of donations, you can share to a wider network. 

Join the discussion