What’s your favorite way to relax?

• 22 November 2021
  • 17 replies
What’s your favorite way to relax?
Userlevel 5
Badge +4

People on GoFundMe are raising money for all sorts of things - their dreams, local community, fun adventures, and often for pretty intense situations. One thing we all have in common though, is the need to find a way to relax sometimes.

So we want to know – what’s your favorite way to decompress and relax after a stressful day? What stress relief tips do you have to share with fellow community members?

17 replies

I feel like the most important stuff isn’t getting recognized 😕!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

How so, @Arlexus Aguillard

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

For me, something I really like that helps me relax is extremely mindless games on my phone or computer. No shame in the Candy Crush or whatever game you play. For me, being able to shut my brain off for a few minutes really helps me reset. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I’m an energizer bunny, so long walks are how I relax. I like to put on some of my favorite tunes and just go for miles. Whenever I drive somewhere new, even if it’s in my town, I try to take a little walk just to get to know the area better. It’s one of the best ways to find gems in your own city! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is an amazing topic! Around the holidays there’s always so much planning to do, calls to make and stores to rush to that becoming overwhelmed becomes the mind! 

Making a set plan with a check list can help relax an anxious mind, especially if you’re planning ahead! Let’s say a day or two prior!

Waking up early between 4-6 am can really kick start the day! Rise and shine! Wash up! Consume your morning foods and hit the door! THE DAY ALWAYS AWAITS! :) 

-Free Ya Mind Family

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m an energizer bunny, so long walks are how I relax. I like to put on some of my favorite tunes and just go for miles. Whenever I drive somewhere new, even if it’s in my town, I try to take a little walk just to get to know the area better. It’s one of the best ways to find gems in your own city! 

MORNING WORK OUTS ARE A GREAT WAY TO BEGIN THE DAY 🙂 Your favorite tunes always help stay in sync lol

Userlevel 1
Badge

For me, something I really like that helps me relax is extremely mindless games on my phone or computer. No shame in the Candy Crush or whatever game you play. For me, being able to shut my brain off for a few minutes really helps me reset. 

What games?

Some uplifting tunes and a medium paced workout does the job just fine.

My favorite way to relax is the whole reason my business exists, to me there is nothing more liberating then being on the open road, everything all the little stresses of life wash away,Everytime I am in the part of Phoenix where the city lights are behind you and you can feel the open road, I am then at complete peace mentally and spiritually, I won't go on and on but I could that's how much I love and need it.

The most important way to relax to me is taking time out for myself. Spending time alone in my thoughts vibing listening to music . Thinking of the things that makes me happy . 

My fav way to relax is chilling with my boys. We have Movie Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, Where to Wednesdays, ( we pick a park and enjoy the outdoors and a picnic dinner), Tricky Thursday (play a few pranks and the boys make dinner while I tidy up the house), Funtastic Friday ( each boy has a friend come hang out and we make dinner and play games), and then the weekends are filled with Sports and where the wind blows us, Simmer Down Sundays (where we just relax in our PJs and get ready for the new week ahead of us .... Really just live for these boys and teaching them how to live and hopefully become fantastic young Men!!!! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

My favorite way to relax is watching some of my favorite shows. I enjoy Dynasty, You, Lucifer and The Handmaid’s Tale. I also enjoy listening to music while driving down a back road in the country, I find this so incredibly peaceful. 

The best way to relax for me is a nice warm bath with some Epson salt in it some nice bubbles some candles and some nice jazz playing in the background

Badge

My best ways to relax is curling up on the couch watching Netflix with my children also there cartoons I' just love having my own home

my favorite way to relax is to honestly tale deep breaths and color. Coloring and painting are my two favorite hobbies it takes time and you only focus on what your doing in the moment at least for me. It’s so nice to just paint what your thinking on a tiny canvas.

I hope everyone can find something they can relax with or to 💕

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

What games?

Honestly it really depends! Mostly just stuff on my phone. If I’m really trying to relax, a game like Stardew Valley is always a good go-to. Sometimes it isn’t quite enough to keep my attention though, I need something faster paced. If I only have a small amount of time, I might just do something like Tetris (yes, it still exists!) or Bejeweled. If I have more time, I’ve been playing Northgard, which is like a strategy game where you build a little civilization and fight with other villages. 

My favorite way to relaxing us creating art mostly painting

Join the discussion