Need feedback on your GoFundMe? Use this thread to help improve each other’s fundraisers.
How it works:
Start by bookmarking this post: So that you can easily return to the thread to receive and give feedback, click the little bookmark icon to the right of the discussion title.
Post your fundraiser link in the comments below.
When you’re ready to share your story, we recommend assisting your editors by clarifying what you think is most important for them to focus on. Here's some ideas:
- Spelling: It’s always worth having a second pair of eyes. Computers don’t catch everything.
- Tone: What emotion are you trying to elicit from your audience, and does your writing coincide with that?
- Clarity: Is it obvious why the funds are being raised, who they’re being raised for, and who is withdrawing?
- Length: Brevity is usually key for audiences of today. The story should cover all important details without overwhelming your audience.
- Formatting: Make sure it’s easy to parse through your story. Appropriate Bold, Italics, and Headlines aid your readers.
- Imagery: They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
How suggestions work:
To give feedback on someone's link, use the "quote" functionality to directly respond to that comment.
Be empathetic: GoFundMe hosts fundraisers for a variety of reasons. Please understand that you may be talking with someone who is going through a difficult time, and this isn't the place to tell someone that their campaign isn't "worthy." Unproductive comments will be removed.