Reminder: this space is for sharing advice, tips, and encouragement. Comments asking for donations or shares will be removed.

How do I keep momentum without coming off as pushy?

SEPTEMBERBABY22
edited June 15 in Sharing Strategies

Good morning everybody. I am new to gofundme as far as creating an account and would like tips and advice on keeping the momentum going when only a few people share the link. I am trying to help out a close friend that recently lost his mother to pancreatic cancer, and I do not want to come off as pushy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Olivia L
    Olivia L Staff
    Accepted Answer

hey @SEPTEMBERBABY22 great question! Posting updates is a great option not only to keep donors in the loop, but also if you want to keep asking for help in a less direct way. Asking your supporters to share your fundraiser link with their own network may be another solution, instead of just asking them to keep donating to your fundraiser.

Anytime you share whether it's via text, email, phone calls, or social media, be sure to include that sharing your fundraiser link is just as important as receiving donations - the further your cause goes, the more support you'll receive.

Some other fundraisers on GoFundMe might have some more advice for you as well. @Shawn Dromgoole @melodysimpson @RonH what do you think are some of the best ways to keep momentum going?

• melodysimpson
    melodysimpson Contributor
    Accepted Answer

I think sitting down to plan out all of the different ways that you can ask for support is very helpful because then you'll have posts to look forward to sharing. By asking in various ways, you'll be able to touch the emotional points of people in different ways that will encourage them to donate. You'll also be able to see which ask gets the most traction so that you can use that ask again in the future.

My fundraiser is for start up costs for a business so my approach is not going to be the same as a fundraiser for medical costs so I'm afraid any other tips would be more pointed and wouldn't be helpful for this in particular as the strategies are different. Good luck with your fundraising!

• SEPTEMBERBABY22
    Accepted Answer

Thank you so much for the input. Even though I shared it, I found out that not everybody was able to see it for some reason. I appreciate your help! Good luck with your fundraisers.

Answers

• Question not comment. People are telling me my link isn't working. Where do I find my link on here, and can I change it? Please I need all the help I can get!!thank you

Barbiep

• Hey @Barbiep. You can add your fundraising link to your profile by clicking on your smiling icon in the top right hand corner of your account. From there, click "Edit Profile" and you can copy and paste your link there.

You can get your fundraiser share link from your GoFundMe account by navigating to your fundraiser manager and then clicking the green "Share" button.

• Thank you so very much. I would have been lost without you.

• No worries, @Barbiep! That's what I'm here for.

• Hi everyone my name is juan and ever since I got sick few years back every one you some how disappear on me but any way really need the help and I dont no how get the word out there I tried Facebook Twitter but no luck so hopping that maybe you guys could help me out to spread out my situation really be big help god bless all and good night

• Hey @Juan mendoza . I would start with personalized outreaches if you can! Check out this thread on how to raise your first donations for ideas on how to go about this.

• Hey miss jules I I tired to ask friends but when things happen people find ways to disappear and I was always the one to be like come over am having a bbq our dinner party but when things change for me and got sick and was not able to be the hostess and got bed bond people slowly disappear and Now I need the help and no one is to be found but I guess you find out those are really not your friends but was just trying to connect whit the GoFundMe community maybe there hope that I could find a little help I now it's hard times for people right now so I understand so just really appreciate that you responded back thank you god bless you and everyone ells have a bless day.