How can I refine my story to help reach my goal?

• 13 November 2021
  • 1 reply

It’s been almost three months and I only lack $1500 to pay off the funeral and buy a headstone. I don’t have social media. My sister did interviews to share our parents love story and our dad’s vaccination story (to encourage the Covid vaccine), but we still did not reach goal. Occasionally something boosts the fundraiser and we get several donations in a short time, but I haven’t figured out what it is that boosts it.

I would appreciate any advice to increase visibility so we can meet the goal. I feel so bad that there’s not a headstone yet. My sister isn’t back to work yet due to the auto accident, surgeries and learning to walk again. So it’s mostly up to me and I just started new job and have extra rent, because my Dad and I were roommates and split the rent.

Any suggestions on how to refine the story to generate more interest would be great. Thank you.  

Below is the link to the story so you can critique and offer any advice. Thanks.

https://gofund.me/9d8df2e7

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I’m so sorry to hear this @RyanB. You really did an incredible job on your story - it brought tears to me eyes. I can’t think of anything obvious to improve your fundraiser. It falls into all our best practices. 

To help you cross the finish line, you may want to ask any of your donors who gave last month, to consider their charity for your campaign again this month. Plenty of people give on a recurring basis, so you could phrase it that way.

Another option is to look through who has donated and try to identify individuals you know who have not given yet, and then send them a direct message. It’s helpful to let them know how much it would mean to you.You could also ask your friends to share the fundraiser with someone they’re closer to than you are, to see if that helps to influence that other person to give. 

Join the discussion