Solved

How do I get my fundraiser for my son noticed without getting judged or told you can't do that this way?

• 13 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Well what is the right way when you have tried every way possible in this most grieving heart breaking moment of your life? Sorry #GrievingParent of A son that never met a stranger but now it's like a stranger never met him. #Fabulous5  

icon

Best answer by Jules 13 January 2022, 18:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Donya Swanson. Although we can’t prevent people from judging us (about anything), we can build our own courage to put ourself out there. I recommend checking out this post about overcoming those embarrassing feelings that can happen when we ask for help. 

I hate to say this but you probably won't. They have some real nasty miserable people out there. The plus side is you get some really great support comments to. We are Mom's with big shoulders you got this..

I hate to say this but you probably won't. They have some real nasty miserable people out there. The plus side is you get some really great support comments to. We are Mom's with big shoulders you got this..

It is very interesting what I am experiencing right now under that topic. I have been asked to take it down and have been told I should be ashamed for asking for too much help. I was asked to write an apology  on GoFundMe me. It is my father who passed so hearing these things gives me so much extra to process and makes grieving even harder. BUT I did not run and take down the go fund me, I dealt with any feelings of embarrassment, and I am so grateful for even the tiniest bit of help and it deserves big fat thank yous. 💗 

Join the discussion