Can anyone give me tips on how to write a a description

• 14 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Ok long story short I created a fundraiser for my husband and myself, and I would like it very much if someone can take a look at it and see what I wrote is bad or good, I tried to put all the details into but not sure if it is good enough if that makes sense. I am horrible at these types of things  I just want some tips or if I need to make any changes 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @STACY Robinson as a heads up, I see that you shared an internal link in your community profile instead of your GoFundMe link. Here’s your GoFundMe link for reference: https://www.gofundme.com/f/ck42s-monthly-bills 

You’ve done a great job so far. I do have some small suggestions that might help if implemented.

1. I would get more specific in your title and add a call to action. Donate to help cover medical expenses
  2. I would try to divide your story into smaller paragraphs. When people see a wall of text, they’re less likely to read the story thoroughly . 
  3. I would explain the breakdown of your goal total. What goes into that 5k? How did you arrive at that amount?

I hope some of these tips help. Members of the community, do you have any other ideas or suggestions? The more perspective we can get on each other’s fundraising stories, the better! 

Join the discussion