Feedback on my post

• 18 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

First and hopefully last time on gofundme. Can I please have candid feedback on my post? No one has donated yet :( 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Hope Olafsson  Would you mind adding your fundraiser link to your Community profile, so we can take a peek and give some ideas? I also recommend uploading a profile photo, so we can get to know you a bit better. To add information to your community profile, just click your profile icon in the top right corner, and navigate to “settings.”

From there, hit the “edit profile” button to add info on your profile page.

Here you go 

https://gofund.me/20e922af

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Hope Olafsson I’m so sorry to hear about everything you’re going through. I do have some tips that might help you. 

1. I would remove the conversation about the loss of your beloved pet because it’s a bit distracting from the urgent cause that you’re fundraising for.  I would try to fundraise for one thing at a time instead of too many things at once. 
  2. I would change your title to say, “Help me keep a roof over my head while I look for work.”
  3. I would explain your goal. Get specific about how much you need and how you arrived at your number. For example, my rent will cost, “X amount.”
  4. Finally, I would ask people to help you promote your page to get it out there. 

I hope some of these help! Once you make the changes you see fit, I recommend sharing your page regularly with your friends, family, coworkers, or anyone you know. You can hang posters or send emails as well to help spread the word. 

Thank you Jules, will do! I have no friends nor family so can’t share. Also, I am worried about a potential employer finding out. When I delete the fundraiser is it gone form the internet for good? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great job on the improvements @Hope Olafsson It feels very cohesive! Love the photo of you as well. It does look like my title suggestion didn’t fit though! So it may make sense to just say, “Help me keep a roof over my head” instead of my original suggestion. 

At this point, you will want to start sharing regularly. It can feel weird to do this, but most people need to see fundraisers a couple of times before they take action. It’s very similar to marketing a product. The reason why Coca-cola is so successful is because it’s so prevalent. There’s tons of different sodas out there, but we all know Coca-cola because they spend a lot of money to put their name everywhere. This same concept can be applied to marketing a fundraiser. If you can, try to post regularly and post often.  

Join the discussion