Trying to get noticed

• 11 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I have shared across social media, Even got a few retweets but not much traction. 

Not sure what else to do. I don't have many real people to help me share it so I relied on Social Media. Even odd pages to try and get noticed. 

Thanks for any tips or advice

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Dan Closky I would start with direct outreaches to people through email, text, or phone call. Once you get your first couple of donations, sharing on social media will be much more effective. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey @Dan Closky.  I’m also somewhat new to this.  I don’t do social media really at all but I created a GoFundMe https://www.gofundme.com/f/Estrada-Family-2021 9 months ago and have had some success just in the past few days.  I thought i’d share how.  Immediately after creating my fundraiser I shared it with my friends and family via text message, copying and pasting the link into texts.  I called a few people who I am closer to like my parents to make sure they donated.  I got 15 donations totaling around $1,300 and every single one was someone I knew.  Fast forward to a few days ago, i was on the NextDoor app reading a post about this lady who was hoeless and there was an outpouring of support for her.  So I thought this is a compassionate crown.  I posted my story and the link to the GoFundMe page and in 48 or so hours have 78 Donations totaling almost $5,000.  I’ve been careful to personally thank every single donor both on NextDoor and GoFund Me.  And I’m still learning.  But theres the little bit of success I’ve found.

Thanks, Sadly just me so no family/close people to share with so I rely on social media... Good to hear some people have success on here! Just not one of the lucky ones

I know it hard for a lot of people but all we can do is just keep lifting everyone up and hoping for the best

Join the discussion