Solved

Where to promote without asking family and friends?

• 14 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I have a GofundMe for my dog brody. Ge has cancer and my girlfriend and I are in financial distress. My question is, where can I promote without causing concern for my family and friends? I don’t want to worry anyone and am embaressed to ask for help. I figure if I can get a thousand people to doante 2 dollars then all of his surgery needs will be taken care of. Any suggestions for pet fundraisers would be appreciated we are in need and its time sensitive. I’ve included the link in case anyone would like to share, or read it and give me any advice. Thank you so much!

https://gofund.me/922144c4

-Mike

icon

Best answer by Jules 18 January 2022, 17:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @MikeB You did a great job on your fundraiser. I wish I had comments, but you followed all the best practices in your story. The only thing I would remove is the mention of collecting donations in $2 increments. GoFundMe only accepts donations in $5, so that could confuse some people. 

At this point, you will want to start sharing your story with your closest friends and family. This is important for Brody, so even though it can be scary to ask for help, it’s all for a very good reason! For tips and ideas of how to approach your network, check out this post here. 

Join the discussion