Action Required: Set up withdrawals when deposits are already happening

• 15 July 2022
  • 9 replies

I set a go fund me for my brother and sister in law.  They accepted the invite, set up their bank account and have started to receive the deposits, which is awesome.  BUT, I keep getting emails that say withdrawals have not been set up.  Also, if we log into their GFM account, it doesn’t show any activity at all even though they have received funds.    

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Sandra Resendes so sorry for the trouble. I’m going to create a request for our customer care team. They’ll be following up with you via email to fix this up for your beneficiary. Just be on the lookout for their reply!

Have the same problem. set up the fundraiser for my friend who was able to setup bank withdrawal before the first donation. Now after 5 days of the first donation the system still sending me e-mails to setup withdrawal and when the beneficiary tries to set it up it takes him back to the home page. Please help. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Siobhan Glynn I’ll go ahead and create a request for you and will send it to our customer care team as well. Please keep an eye out for their response via email.

Thank You. I don’t understand why they make it so stinking hard to use.

Badge

I'm going through the same thing. Made my husband the benificary, he accepted invite- set up bank account- just waiting for the funds to transfer to his bank account. Even emailed customer support to make sure it was all done correctly and got a reply saying they can confirm it's all set just waiting for it to hit bank account but I'm still receiving emails telling me to set up withdrawal and on my page at top it tells me withdrawals needs to be set up by November? Why am I still getting emails???

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Crystal83 Sorry for the trouble, our team is working on fixing a few glitches at the moment and this seems to be one of them. I just sent your account over to the customer care team to look into– they’ll be following up with you or your beneficiary today (I see you both wrote in) so please be on the lookout for their response via email with the next steps. 

Badge

@Olivia  thank you so so much for the quick response as well as the updated info!! I received an email from your team today & it's definitely an ongoing bug that's sending out these emails asking us to set up withdrawal even when it's already been done so thank you again. 

Btw- FORTUNATELY my husband ( benificary) did receive a deposit today. Thank y'all so much for what you do to not only help people in times of need but as well if there is a problem or question! 

Sending much appreciation from NC!!

I have this same problem. Setup GoFundMe for my niece and nephew. They have transferred all the money and there is no more balance. But I keep getting emails saying that withdrawals need to be setup or money will be refunded to donors. How can we get this resolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Brei Johannes-Lund This is a bug affecting quite a few accounts at the moment. The funds should still be on their way, but I’m going to send you over to the customer care team so they can confirm. Please be on the lookout for their reply via email! 

Join the discussion