How do I know if the organizer received funds donated?

• 6 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I’m not sure how to go about this or how to approach this subject.  My daughter was killed in a horrible boating incident.  My wife gave permission for someone to raise money on gofundme and we’ve never raised money before, so we were unfamiliar with the process (beneficiaries, etc).  It’s been over 2 months and there has been very little communication, except a couple of weeks ago, the organizer said something about the fundraiser was taken down due to him not responding or something, but I’m kind of feeling like I’m getting the run around.

How should I approach this?  If he received the money, it should go to what the fundraiser was for, not the organizer’s pocket.  Is there way to confirm who I am, and find out whether or not the funds have been received by him?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Michael Bradley I’m so sorry to hear about your significant loss. My heart goes out to you and your loved ones who’ve been affected. 

So that our Trust and Safety team can look into this further with you, please fill out a beneficiary protection claim.  Thanks so much!

Join the discussion