Solved

How do I put my fundraiser on the GoFundMe website?

• 7 December 2021
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 2

How to I get my fundraiser put on the actual gofundme website?

icon

Best answer by Jules 7 December 2021, 22:27

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Brianna Ferris GoFundMe doesn’t have a place to post fundraisers to our home page or to a community on our platform. The best way to raise funds is through your network.  

If you’re struggling to fundraise, here are a couple of areas that usually help to focus on:

1. Creating an engaging story
  2. Choosing an eye-catching main image
  3. Writing personal share messaging
  4. Sharing in a creative way that breaks out of the typical mold of sharing! For example, sometimes I recommend people who raise money for their pets to hand out doggy bones with a card that has the GoFundMe link.  

Userlevel 2

I'm so glad that we have a spot to encourage each other because it's not easy to ask for help.

Userlevel 2

I feel bad asking others for help, but my family is need. It's only the 4 of us, so I don't have anyone else to ask for help. I'm used to being a bread winner.As an adult I never needed help  financially before rent and bills. But I'm putting my pride, and judgment on myself to the side for the sake of its for us and not me. I just don't want my kids to be without roof over their head. So I'm not sure how to get funded so we won't become homeless. If someone could give me advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Shared on Facebook and tweeter, is their other places? Ty for your time. God bless

Userlevel 1

I'm so glad that we have a spot to encourage each other because it's not easy to ask for help.

No its not i have always done everything alone but this time I don't know if I could

I’m a widow trying to get back on my feet and it’s been hard the only people I could ask is my family but they always say no so I don’t ask anyone else cause I have no one so to put my life out there to strangers and ask for help can be very difficult especially when the only person that has ever cared is deceased now. 

Hey, any tips for new users I will accept. I have done one other fundraiser and it flopped. Well things worked out so the prayers were very helpful but I didn’t raise any of the funds. This one is so much more serious, a child’s life hangs in the balance. So any tips on getting the word out there would be greatly appreciated. I hope you all have great success with your fundraising and you will be in my prayers as well.

Ditto

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Crystal Pendergrass One idea is when you post to social media, ask your friends to like and comment as soon as you post. This will help it gain traction on social media, so it will be surfaced to more accounts. Other than that, texting people directly with a sincere, and personalized message, usually does the trick. 

I also need to know how or to whom am I suppose to ask for help when I don’t know anyone here. I’m on my own and it’s hard! 

I’m new as well! I think having others share your fundraiser is where I’m going to start.

I agree to that too., but where do I share if I don’t have anyone to share it to? Can someone help me share?

I to also need help. Getting the word out about the tornado that tore my home up. Didn't have enough ins to cover it. And my morgage company is keeping the ins money. Be cause the condemned my home. So now me and my 92 year old father in law don't have the money to rebuild.

Userlevel 1

I've been trying very hard yet with no  response in sight but I will never give up my hope and faith and my will to survive I learned from this to keep fighting and stay strong and you can achieve I've overcome so much and learned endless different ways of self motivation and how to heal yourself and manifest greatness always and continue to speak and think everything you can dream and it will become reality if you want it to exist in you heart mind and reality life is beautiful don't take anything forgranted it all can change in a heartbeat so stay positive forever and greatness you can achieve i keep saying that and hope it becomes my life keep fighting everyone best wishes for everyone God bless happy holidays 

Stay strong 

Userlevel 1

Stay strong 

Always till my very last breath and very last sow ill keep fighting daily 💪 thanks brother 🙏 

Hey all. I know a lot of friends and they all say they can help but sadly it hasn’t happened. I decided to make a go fund me and ask for support outside the people I know. I just got on here yesterday and not sure where it will take me. I don’t have any social media as it’s a waste of time for me and I work so much there isn’t time for me to scroll on other peoples pages. Plus it is not good for my mental health and I’m already going through alot of issues with my mom being sick and not being able to afford to help her. If anyone can give me some advice on how to make my page public. Please let me know. Thanks and God bless. 

Userlevel 1

Hey all. I know a lot of friends and they all say they can help but sadly it hasn’t happened. I decided to make a go fund me and ask for support outside the people I know. I just got on here yesterday and not sure where it will take me. I don’t have any social media as it’s a waste of time for me and I work so much there isn’t time for me to scroll on other peoples pages. Plus it is not good for my mental health and I’m already going through alot of issues with my mom being sick and not being able to afford to help her. If anyone can give me some advice on how to make my page public. Please let me know. Thanks and God bless. 

Im still trying to discover how to use also I don't have any 1 i can share with either no family nor friends not a single soul on this planet to help me in any way shape or form in this lifetime after I got stabbed up I was left to die with nothing and and still recovering mentally and physically trying to get it all together and back let me know if u find out how to work this also please thanks God bless

Here for the comments

I'm wanting to know how can I build my  GFM I have posted it on all social media I updated all the time , And all I'm getting is backlash from people telling me about my past that I don't Deserve any help and I come back with you know I don't deserve brain cancer. That's all I have how do I reach out to more people I've done texting I've done emailing and I'm getting nowhere. Lost my job I lost my home

Badge

I think as all of us need help in raising money those who can not raise awareness We should stick together and share each other's links and if possible donate to one another. It could be an extremely effective method to help one another.

I'm also new and need help! I have 2 fundraisers active and NOTHING...it's hard enough being a single mother of 3 and trying to balance play time, study time, cooking, cleaning, working, and then let's add update and harass people to help me...whew!!! And all to get nowhere. I'm adopted with no family and I opened a rescue, boarding, and breeding kennel with the money I was left by my father and everything I make or had goes right back into these dogs and my kids. I have tons of social media friends but I guess this is kinda a wake up call as to who is really a friend. Any tips on how to advance this would be amazing!!! 

Im still trying to discover how to use also I don't have any 1 i can share with either no family nor friends not a single soul on this planet to help me in any way shape or form in this lifetime after I got stabbed up I was left to die with nothing and and still recovering mentally and physically trying to get it all together and back let me know if u find out how to work this also please thanks God bless

I hope you get the help you need and recover. God bless. Sadly I have no media or anyway to raise but a lot of people on here say to share on social media and in local community. It just seems not a lot of people are willing to help but then again there is people willing to help. It just happens when it is meant to happen I guess. It’s a crazy world we live in and everything seems so hard at this point. It’s a real struggle I guess making the page and hoping someone can help. It’s very hard. 

I must agree it is so hard to receive help and it really hurt my heart to see  people with half million dollars they raise and people that are in serious need to

How do I post our GoFundMe on other sites to get more worldwide? Please help us please we are needing help with posting this all over to help rebuild the stuff lost in the house. Thanks for your time and hopefully your advance and Assistance

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Rocky Osteen Most of your donations will come from people you know, so your best bet to get your page in front of people you don’t know, is to ask your friends to share your story. For ideas on how to go about that, check out this post here. 

Join the discussion