I'm having trouble with withdrawals.

• 15 November 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have had this going for like 22 days now and not a single donation. I have tried rewriting the thing, making a video describing the whole thing and rewrote my story again and streamlined that huge. Still nothing. Someone I know on Facebook suggested to start over with a new one and delete this one and use the accident and emergencies category. I created a new one and then thought right after that it was a mistake and copied over what I wrote there and then changed my current one to accident and emergencies category and added a photo of my mom, the whole reason I had to turn in a car for repo. Then they put a hold on my account and even if I get donations now, I can’t withdrawal. I thought I was all set and now I’m not and waiting for another email. I was told they are gathering more information, whatever that means. I thought this was all set.

Another setback and not sure what I’ll do if this is suspended and I can’t collect any donations. Right now I’m at the point of high anxiety and stress. This is my campaign https://www.gofundme.com/f/assistance-financial

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Nikki! I’ll let others give opinions about your campaign, but I wanted to chime in to let you know that your campaign isn’t suspended, and you can still collect donations during this time. Withdrawals are temporarily paused while one of our teams does a standard review, but I’d expect it should be completed pretty soon and after that it will be all set. Thanks for understanding and helping keep GoFundMe a safe and trusted platform.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Nikki! I’ll let others give opinions about your campaign, but I wanted to chime in to let you know that your campaign isn’t suspended, and you can still collect donations during this time. Withdrawals are temporarily paused while one of our teams does a standard review, but I’d expect it should be completed pretty soon and after that it will be all set. Thanks for understanding and helping keep GoFundMe a safe and trusted platform.

But why was is paused on withdrawals? That I don’t understand. I made a couple of changes and trying to just get this going and others that I know online have started Go Fund Me’s and within 5 days collected over $2,000 towards their goal. It just makes me feel disappointed and trying to get mine going because my time is running low to get this so I can payoff the lawsuit before I’m required to appear at the lawyers office and I have no way to appear without a it being a very hard hardship. I don’t think a campaign running for 24 days like mine hasn’t gotten a single donation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Good question– we have a lot of measures in place that help keep GoFundMe safe, including sometimes temporarily pausing withdrawals while the team completes a review. Looking at your campaign again, it appears that yours is already complete and you should be all set.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good question– we have a lot of measures in place that help keep GoFundMe safe, including sometimes temporarily pausing withdrawals while the team completes a review. Looking at your campaign again, it appears that yours is already complete and you should be all set.

I was all set and then today, like I said I made some changes and now its got that hold. I know its not you its just the system. I’m just frustrated that I’ve been trying everything I can otherwise to get people to it and help out and no one has. I’ve changed the story three times and added the video a few days ago figuring that might help people to understand how this is and why I am in this situation instead of writing out a huge long thing like I originally had.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Sorry Nikki, I thought I saw the hold was lifted – it does appear to be now. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry Nikki, I thought I saw the hold was lifted – it does appear to be now. 

I’m just waiting here. Thanks for at least talking with me, it helped. I’m sure it won’t be long and I’ll get a message saying its fine and I’m all set if and when I get any money in for this. If not, then I guess I’ll have to figure out something else. Because I’m at the stress point of no return.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

believe for this type of review you won’t receive a system message, but the banner you probably saw on your “manage” page should be gone. Please let me know if this isn’t the case and I’ll look into it more. I know the banner can be concerning, but please don’t worry too much, it’s very routine.

Userlevel 1
Badge

believe for this type of review you won’t receive a system message, but the banner you probably saw on your “manage” page should be gone. Please let me know if this isn’t the case and I’ll look into it more. I know the banner can be concerning, but please don’t worry too much, it’s very routine.

I just looked and you are right, it is now gone and says withdrawals are setup and will take 2 to 5 business days. The message I use to get before. Thank you for taking the time today to talk with me.

I am trying to withdraw funds. I did not receive the “verify email” emailed to me. I cannot go to he next step. Any ideas will be helpful.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @Marisol Santiago I saw our customer care team was able to get in touch with you and verified that email for you. Now you just need to follow the below steps in order to set up the withdrawal:

1. Sign in to your GoFundMe account
  2. Select the fundraiser you would like to withdraw from
  3. Select “Withdraw”
  4. Select "Set up withdrawals"
  5. If the donations are for yourself, choose “Myself”
  6. Enter your personal and bank account information

Keep in mind that once your withdrawal starts, it will arrive within 2-5 business days.

My situation/problem is a little different, not intending to hijack this thread! 

I have created a fundraiser for a friend for medical, (I have done all the set-up on this platform

for her), now I’m wanting to set up withdrawals for her and I’m stuck on this page, I can add nothing else myself - what do I/we need to do next? 

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Michael Sherrick, to clarify, once you add a beneficiary, a separate GoFundMe account is created for them and they’ll need to add in their personal information from that account. You can learn more here: https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/204993267-How-to-invite-someone-else-to-withdraw  

Join the discussion