Solved

I'm wondering if my posts are being seen?

• 4 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I started my “GoFundMe for a Friend” on Sunday.  It’s now Wednesday and I’m not getting a lot of response.  There seem to have been some tech glitches - when I share, I get a message, “unable to connect to Facebook” on my mobile, whether I’m using cellular or wi-fi - but the posts do show up on my Facebook feed.

I noticed a couple of odd things: 1) It seems the only donations I’ve gotten come from people I’ve messaged directly, and 2) I made a manual post, and forgot to add the link. Later, I got several reactions and a couple of comments on that post.  And it was at that point I noted the link and graphic were missing.  None of my “regular posts” placed via the GoFundMe site got either.

The posts have been split between the mobile and laptop interfaces.

Does anyone have any thoughts or insight?

Do I need to post my campaign link?

Thanks for your feedback.

icon

Best answer by Jules 4 August 2022, 21:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Gregg Moscoe Can you clarify what you mean by, “None of my “regular posts” placed via the GoFundMe site got either.” Just want to make sure I’m understanding you correctly. 

Yes, you definitely need to post your GoFundMe link if you’re sharing! Otherwise it will be that much harder for your friends and family to locate your fundraiser. GoFundMe is not a social media site in the sense that our main function is not to surface content to other visitors on our site. Instead, we recommend that you use social media to push your GoFundMe link out and raise money that way. That’s why it’s so important to include your link in all your social media posts. 

Check out these tips on how to get engagement on your Facebook: 

I do see that you’ve created a support request with our team, so please keep an eye out for their reply. 

Let me clarify.  When I use the GFM platform to “share” I get a message - particularly with my mobile - that GFM can’t connect to Facebook - but when I go to Facebook, the post is there.  

Those posts never get responses - like, love, laugh, anger - and they never get comments.  And they never generate donations.

One time, I did a MANUAL share, crafting a message offline, and posting directly to my newsfeed.  I forgot to insert the link.  I got reactions - emojis - and then I added the link.  And then the emojis seem to have disappeared.

I chatted with few other friends who’ve done campaigns, and they agreed, that they got little or no responses from Facebook posts, and that they rarely SEE GFM appeals on their feeds.

What is going on with Facebook?  Do I have to do FACEBOOK ADS to get any visibility?

I posted a go fund me acct for myself to help with funeral expenses for my daughter. I see places that many peop[e have viewed, many people have helped. I would like to add myself to that list but am not computer savvy . Can you help me?

I posted a go fund me acct for myself to help with funeral expenses for my daughter. I see places that many peop[e have viewed, many people have helped. I would like to add myself to that list but am not computer savvy . Can you help me?

I wish I could assist. This is my first GoFundMe, I'm not seeing much response via Facebook, and GoFundMe's technical support seems to be on long delay response time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Gregg Moscoe  That does sound like there’s an issue on our end if it’s having trouble connecting. I’ve let our team know in the support ticket you created that you would also like to look into that with them. They can help you troubleshoot.

As for whether people are seeing your Facebook post, that’s a bit of a trickier question. Each individual person on Facebook has a different NewsFeed depending on their interests and relationships. That means that some of your friends are likely seeing your post, while other are not. To ensure people are seeing your content, I recommend  sending your GoFundMe to individuals in a direct message via Facebook. That way you don’t have to sweat the algorithm.  

This link that you added to your Community Profile is not the shareable GoFundMe link, but rather an internal link: https://www.gofundme.com/manage/help-my-friend-trapped-in-sri-lanka-civic-unrest

Here is the link you’ll want to share instead: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-my-friend-trapped-in-sri-lanka-civic-unrest

@Lynn Carmichael We don’t have a list to be added to, but please let me know if I’m misunderstanding you in some way. Our recommendation for fundraising is to share with your family and friends via social media, email, text message, or even by hanging flyers in your neighborhood. You can find all sharing options by clicking “Share” within your fundraiser account. Here is your link: https://gofund.me/0997a590 

Everything will be okay  ok im new to and have a day to get funds generated we can not give up we must have faith in God that we wil)all have each other's back 

Join the discussion