Invite Team Members

• 8 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Can Someone explain the 2 ways you can invite someone to become a team member via having a gofundme account or copy & paste, which you don’t have to have an account, I am very confused! Thank you!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ralph Smith the GoFundMe organizer is the only one who can add/remove a team member. Here’s how:

1. Sign in to your GoFundMe account and select the correct fundraiser
  2. Click the 'Team' tab on your dashboard
  3. Click the green button that says, "Add team members" 

You can learn more here: https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001489648-Team-fundraising 

Hey @Ralph Smith the GoFundMe organizer is the only one who can add/remove a team member. Here’s how:

1. Sign in to your GoFundMe account and select the correct fundraiser
  2. Click the 'Team' tab on your dashboard
  3. Click the green button that says, "Add team members" 

You can learn more here: https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001489648-Team-fundraising 

Olivia: That Isn’t The Question I am Asking! To Simplify: Why Are There 2 Ways To Invite A Team Member, Either By Having A GoFundMe Account Or Copy And Past The Link, That’s What I’m Confused About Is The Latter. If You Copy & Paste Will You Automatically Become A Team Member?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Ralph Smith  There are not two ways - copying and pasting the link does not make you a team member. You can only become a team member if the organizer for the fundraiser adds you with the directions I listed above. Let me know if you’re still confused! 

@Ralph Smith  There are not two ways - copying and pasting the link does not make you a team member. You can only become a team member if the organizer for the fundraiser adds you with the directions I listed above. Let me know if you’re still confused! 

Thanks Olivia I Don’t Want To Screw This Process Up! What Is The Reason For Copy & Paste, What Impact Does It Have, If Any?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Ralph Smith can you help me understand what you mean by copy and paste? Are you referring to the fundraiser link? Where are you sharing  or “pasting” it? 

With crowdfunding, most of the donations will usually come from people you know so it’s important to share your link on social media platforms, email, texts, etc. 

@Ralph Smith can you help me understand what you mean by copy and paste? Are you referring to the fundraiser link? Where are you sharing  or “pasting” it? 

With crowdfunding, most of the donations will usually come from people you know so it’s important to share your link on social media platforms, email, texts, etc. 

Ok Olivia I’m Trying To Create My Team Members! You Explained To Me Copy & Pasting Will Not Make You A Team Member, Only Having A Gofundme Account Will, Am I Correct? Now Option #2 States: Or Copy And Paste The Link: https: //www.gofundme.com/sign-up. Then It Says: Anyone With This Personalized Team Invitation Link Can Join Your Team. So I Asked You Earlier What Impact Does Copy & Paste Have, Or If It Does Have Any At All. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Ralph Smith there is no copy and paste without an account. You need to have a GoFundMe account to send team member invites. The organizer can send an invite through GoFundMe via email or copy and paste a special link and send that to the team member directly. Here’s what that looks like in the account:

@Ralph Smith there is no copy and paste without an account. You need to have a GoFundMe account to send team member invites. The organizer can send an invite through GoFundMe via email or copy and paste a special link and send that to the team member directly. Here’s what that looks like in the account:

Thank You Olivia! My Niece Was Gonna Try To Use The Copy & Paste Link Without Having A Gofundme Account! See If You Don’t Ask! Thanks Again!!

Join the discussion