Is it frowned upon if you dont display your real identity

• 9 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Do I have to use my real name if I am in a bad situation where I don't think it would ever be seen by certain people but it seems like I can't walk outside without somebody saying something so thing so I was just wondering if using a an alias name makes you look bad because that's what I'm tryingto do I'm just trying to get away from a bad situation any suggestions?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Maggie Bothwell, this is a great question. 

If you're going to be managing the fundraising aspect of the account, it's best to use your own name. Transparency between you and your supporters can often play a key part in establishing trust. Donors usually feel much more comfortable donating to a fundraiser when they know exactly who is running it and in charge of the donations.

This also provides them with a main point of contact to come to with any questions. I would recommend making sure that you're clear in the story about who you are, and how you're related to any other people involved in your cause. And, if you’re still hesitant, you can also use your first name and last initial (Maggie B) so that’s displayed on your fundraiser instead of your full name. 

Thank you for your reply this is actually for me and my 4 rescues and I have no idea what I'm doing and at this point I don't really  how to ask anybody for anything I'm so close to being homeless and I'm so scared more scared than I've ever been in my life appreciate your answer I guess I should just delete the account and figure it out somehow

Join the discussion