Solved

Is this fishy?

• 4 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I received a message on a social media platform this morning about my fundraiser and I was told that they would cover the whole amount, but I have to cover the transfer fee. Is this normal when dealing with the larger amounts like this or is this person just trying to scam me?

And another guy this morning messaged me and said to cut my hair, the more the higher the donation. Or shave one side of my head or undershave the back of my head or whatever that is called. I told him I will see about that. I think its just to get me to do something ridiculous and then nothing. But is that normal too?

icon

Best answer by Cris 4 November 2021, 15:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Nikki– offhand those both sound fishy to me and I wouldn’t recommend responding to them. Personally, I don’t respond to private messages on social media from anyone I don’t know.

Here’s a Help Center article talking more about scams, which might help. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I received a message on a social media platform this morning about my fundraiser and I was told that they would cover the whole amount, but I have to cover the transfer fee. Is this normal when dealing with the larger amounts like this or is this person just trying to scam me?

And another guy this morning messaged me and said to cut my hair, the more the higher the donation. Or shave one side of my head or undershave the back of my head or whatever that is called. I told him I will see about that. I think its just to get me to do something ridiculous and then nothing. But is that normal too?

Wow im sorry this is happening to you i would block both if it sounds to good to be true it usually is 

Hello,

Thats what scares me about these things, scams that will get me to give out my account number or information. But I am desperate at this point.  What can I look for with scams??

Michele McWilliams

Join the discussion