Issue with hold on fundraiser

• 29 November 2021
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 2

I received a notice on my fundraiser that there was an issue.  I never received an email and reached out via the form on the website.  I received an email from GoFundMe stating that they would be in touch soon.  That was 3 days ago and still nothing.  After reading through things, it appears that I need to send in some documents.  I also needed to change my name as it was not my legal name.  When I go to the ‘withdraw’ section, it says that an email has been sent to confirm.  I did not receive the email and have tried to have it resent several times, but still nothing.  I just need to know how to upload these documents so I can get my funds.

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks so much for your patience @Esther Lake, I just contacted our Payments team and confirmed that your account is cleared and you’re all set to continue raising donations. 

Same for me! It says that I should have an e-mail but I don’t. I have also tried contacting through the link in the help center but all I got was an auto-reply. It’s not asking me for anything but it says that there’s more info needed. I need help but no one will respond. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Katie Haney sorry to hear you were having trouble with our system. I’ve talked to the team and confirmed your account should be all set now. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

This has also happened to me. It’s urgent I get the funds soon because we need them for cremation after the loss of my brother. 2 days ago I sent an email and they said they’d be in touch shortly and  haven’t heard back yet. I also never received an initial email in the first place. I’m not sure what to do next…

Same here. The funeral home won't release my dad's body to us until they receive st least 50 percent of their payment 😔 we have the funds in the campaign but it says it's in review. I've contacted them through email for the past 6 days already to no avail. 😔

Same for me im on a deadline the funeral home needs payment before they will pick my mother up to bring her to the funeral home I didnt recieve any email. I filled the form out twice and it says it could take 69 hours before someone even responds please help!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Robin Elizabeth Morrison I’m so sorry for your loss. It looks like your hold is now clear. However, I do recommend checking out our Help Center article that outlines how long it takes to transfer the money.

(Also so people don’t think I’m ignoring Diana, I discussed with her in a different discussion, and her hold has been resolved) 

I have the same issue and its been 4 days  I'm helping a family friend and they. Eed the money now but the account is in hold 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Michelle Rasche thanks so much for your patience. It looks like your hold should now be cleared and you should be all set.

Badge

Thank You so much like fr fr 🥰🥺

Badge

Same for me im on a deadline the funeral home needs payment before they will pick my mother up to bring her to the funeral home I didnt recieve any email. I filled the form out twice and it says it could take 69 hours before someone even responds please help!! 

I’m sorry you guys are going through that I’ll pray for you I wish I could help I really do but I can only send my words of encouragement to you guys and wish nothing but the best for you. Good luck 

Now gotta waiting 2-5 business days is bullshit we gotta wait till next week because weekends don't count

Same here. There is a red banner that says we need more information before we can send your funds. But I haven't gotten any donations yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kayla Phariss sorry for the confusion about that banner! I’ll make sure to pass this feedback along to the team. It looks like your hold is pretty new, and I expect the team to finish their review soon. In the mean time though, not to worry, your fundraiser will function normally and be able to accept donations. 

My page has the red banner but doesn't say what info is needed. But in my history it says I think 223.00 n/A initiated.  And that it's gonna take 3-5 business days. Can you help me understand exactly what's going on with my account. 

I’ve been having the same problems as everyone else here has mentioned and have contacted support privately several times without any response (with the exception of having them verify my account from their end).  I am not going to promote my campaign if I can’t withdraw donations and I can’t withdraw donations when emails are not being sent out (obviously, I’m not the only person with this issue so it’s most likely on GoFundMe’s end) telling me what I need to do.  In my emails, I’ve also offered my alternative email address and no response there, either. 

Trying to be patient but I need to get this campaign going and have access to funds instead of feeling like I’m being treated as a scammer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mary M I’m so sorry for the delay. I can confirm that the team has completed their review and you should be all set. @Alfonso Sims I believe your review should also be complete. 

Please let us know if we can be of any further help. 

They are saying it's an error and need a bank statement but won't accept a screenshot.  I don't have a paper statement 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Alfonso Sims that sounds like an issue that the community won’t be able to help with. Our Customer Care team understands this and can help you out a lot better than I’m able to. I’ll go ahead and start an email ticket for you with them, and someone will follow up soon to help. 

I needed to have the funeral paid on the 21st, I am in the same boat . Ne emails from GofundMe whatsoever with next steps and I have uploaded all documents. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ana-lena Quintana it looks like your review has been completed earlier today. Please let us know if you’re still having issues though, and thanks for using GoFundMe.

I received a notice on my fundraiser that there was an issue.  I never received an email and reached out via the form on the website.  I received an email from GoFundMe stating that they would be in touch soon.  That was 3 days ago and still nothing.  After reading through things, it appears that I need to send in some documents.  I also needed to change my name as it was not my legal name.  When I go to the ‘withdraw’ section, it says that an email has been sent to confirm.  I did not receive the email and have tried to have it resent several times, but still nothing.  I just need to know how to upload these documents so I can get my funds.

I have the same exact problem!

I have emailed twice I am trying to get my funds as well never received any emails or anything like that just when I go to try and withdrawal the money it says it's on hold to verify my fundraiser 

I am trying to raise these funds to pay for my daughter's funeral expenses even tho she was adopted out we have a close relationship with her adoptive mother and she has other children she has to still raise and i want to be able to take as much financial burden off her as possible and I created this so my co workers could donate that were asking me about a go fund me account her funeral is this Thursday and I wanted to be able to give her the funds before then 

I needed to have the funeral paid on the 21st, I am in the same boat . Ne emails from GofundMe whatsoever with next steps and I have uploaded all documents. 

How did you upload documents 

I put my daughter's obituary in a update but other than that I haven't seen anywhere or place to upload anything 

Please help. This is happening to me too. Also I have people trying to donate and they are saying that gofundme will not allow them to . I've sent emails and everything. Please help. This is emergency situation 

Join the discussion