Issue with hold on fundraiser

• 29 November 2021
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 2

I received a notice on my fundraiser that there was an issue.  I never received an email and reached out via the form on the website.  I received an email from GoFundMe stating that they would be in touch soon.  That was 3 days ago and still nothing.  After reading through things, it appears that I need to send in some documents.  I also needed to change my name as it was not my legal name.  When I go to the ‘withdraw’ section, it says that an email has been sent to confirm.  I did not receive the email and have tried to have it resent several times, but still nothing.  I just need to know how to upload these documents so I can get my funds.

38 replies

Hi @Ana-lena Quintana it looks like your review has been completed earlier today. Please let us know if you’re still having issues though, and thanks for using GoFundMe.

This has happened to me too. Also people are saying they are trying to donate and GoFundMe me will not allow them to. Please help resolve this. It's an emergency situation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Carrie Bradshaw I can confirm the hold has been lifted from your account. 

@James Reynolds a member from our payments team will be reaching out to you shortly with more information. Thanks for your patience!

I'm having the same issue, vet payment is needed for emergency care. Please help me

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Nicolas Vail I can confirm that hold has been removed from your fundraiser so you’re all set. Let us know if you need help reactivating the page or withdrawing the funds. 

Badge

I received a notice on my fundraiser that there was an issue.  I never received an email and reached out via the form on the website.  I received an email from GoFundMe stating that they would be in touch soon.  That was 3 days ago and still nothing.  After reading through things, it appears that I need to send in some documents.  I also needed to change my name as it was not my legal name.  When I go to the ‘withdraw’ section, it says that an email has been sent to confirm.  I did not receive the email and have tried to have it resent several times, but still nothing.  I just need to know how to upload these documents so I can get my funds.

Yes I’m having the same issue. I haven’t received an email either. So, I don’t know what’s going on. I need my funds also. I just don’t understand this. It’s like the donations are in limbo. And I just have to wait and hope I get my funds. This doesn’t seem fair to me or the donors.

my account is on hold help need the funds asap what do i do

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Christopher Gowan it looks like the review on your fundraiser is complete now and you should be all set to start bank transfers. Thanks for your patience and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Hello!

I’ve been trying for a week to get through to someone because I have a red banner across my bank account information saying there was an error. I have sent in four emails and heard nothing. I need these funds right away! Can someone help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Keren Rider Thanks for reaching out and we really appreciate your patience. Our team was able to complete their review, so your funds can be released. 

Hi, it has been A WEEK since the beneficiary for the following two campaigns received invitations via email to accept the funds:

The beneficiary is the mother of the young man who passed away in a tragic accident, she does not have the capacity to deal with Gofundme’s issues while also planning a funeral and mourning the loss of her son. The invitations for both campaigns take her to a page with a red banner that says "We need more information before we can send your funds…”.  However, there is NO information on what documents she needs to upload or where to upload. She also has NOT received any emails about document verification from Gofundme. Gofundme needs to resolve this ASAP. This is causing so much unnecessary stress on the mother who just lost her son.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Fatima Mojaddidy I’m sorry to hear of any stress this has caused. Luckily, I do see that it’s been resolved this morning.  

Our payment processors do sometimes require extra information from the person withdrawing just to ensure everything is safe and secure with the transfers. For more information on what they may request, check out this help center article here - https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028386391-Uploading-documents-for-bank-transfers 

Thank you for responding. Yes we are aware that as of this morning the hold was removed. However, GoFundMe really needs to work on the messaging and put up a banner with wording that actually makes sense. No other information was requested from the beneficiary, it was just GoFundMe putting up an inaccurate message while they process and approve things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing this @Fatima Mojaddidy I’ll be sure to bubble this up to our team to alert them to the confusing messaging. 

Join the discussion