Keep getting Unknown Error when people click on "donate"

• 18 August 2022
  • 11 replies

I really need help ASAP!!! People have been notifying me that when they click “Donate” they get the “Unknown Error” message - this is absolutely frustrating!  I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this for hours!

Please help!! https://gofund.me/6f713239  Thanks!

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @eDacanay I see this issue with your fundraiser as well. I’m looking into this now and will follow back up with you shortly.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@eDacanay I’m sorry for the frustration here. Talking to our engineers a little bit, it looks like your fundraiser might still be in an unpublished (draft) state for some reason. 

To help troubleshoot this, in your GoFundMe app, if you go to the “manage” screen, does your fundraiser have a little “draft” icon like in the screenshot below? If so, can you tap into it and hit “continue” to finish publishing your fundraiser? If you don’t see the “draft” icon on the app, do you mind double checking on a web browser and see if you see it there?

If the above doesn’t do the trick, something that should work if you’re wanting to get your fundraiser going quickly is to re-create it from web instead of from our native app, though I know this is not ideal if you’ve already started sharing your fundraiser.

In the mean time, I’ll keep trying to troubleshoot this with our engineers, but wanted to give you a few options to hopefully get you back up and running as soon as possible.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@eDacanay I apologize for the repeated pings! Our team has fixed this on our end and you should be good to go with sharing your fundraiser, and donors should no longer hit that error. My apologies for the frustration.

@Cris Thank you for working with the engineering team to get the link fully functional again ~ I know this family appreciates it! 

Will you also please have them look into another issue? There are two donors who said they were able to donate with no issue prior to the fix. Their names are Anne Higgins and Leslie Fuller. However, neither of their names are showing up on the donor list now. Please advise. Thank you!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey @eDacanay sorry for taking a bit to get back to you. 

Based on the state your fundraiser was in, it shouldn’t have been possible for people to have donated. Your donors can double check this on their credit card statements, and can also check their email for a message from us with the words "thank you for your donation to" 

Our Customer Care team can also look for specific donations if you want to be triple sure. You (or your donors) can contact them from our Help Center – just scroll down to the green “get help” button.

Hope this is helpful, and please let us know if you have any other questions as you continue your fundraiser. Really encouraging to see the great support you’ve gotten so far!

I am suffering exactly the same problem on my page.  Clicking on the Donate button generates an “Unknown error” message. As far as I can tell, in both the app and the website, the page is not in the draft state. 

I am suffering exactly the same problem on my page.  Clicking on the Donate button generates an “Unknown error” message. As far as I can tell, in both the app and the website, the page is not in the draft state. 

Link to the page so you can see the problem

https://www.gofundme.com/f/motomatters

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @David Emmett Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I’ve created a support request with our care team, so they can dig into this with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @David Emmett Just circling back to let you know that they’re still looking into it, but that we haven’t forgotten about you! 

Same problem it wont finish. cant get donations i click complete fundraiser i get story saved then i get this We encountered an error, can you please try again? You can also contact our support team for help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Jeff Rupp Thanks for letting us know. I’ve created a support request for you so that our Care team can dig in with you. Please keep an eye out for their response in your inbox. 

Join the discussion