One of my donors uses QR code to get to GoFundMe and after 1 second on the 'startpage' he gets error message

• 20 October 2022
  • 7 replies

when my donor tries to go to this page (using his iphone) 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/steun-de-volgende-stap-in-onze-juridische-strijd

using the QR code we have made. He sees the first page for 1 second only and then he gets an error message from gofundme (enclosed) which says ‘ unknown error’ apologies, something went wrong, wait one minute and try again’.

He has the some experience on the iphone and on the phone of his wife. So 3 devices. 

When he manually types the url on this browser on his phone, he is able to get to the page. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@J. Geelen Thanks for bringing this to our attention - how strange! Would you mind sharing the QR code he was using so we can test this out on our end? Do you know if anyone else has run into this problem or is it just the one donor?

He had the same experience on 3 devices. He sees the main page for a second and then he gets the error. We had 1 other donor with the samen feedback. In general it woks well. But just wondering what can be wrong.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing. This is a very strange issue. I wasn’t able to reproduce on my end, but could you let me know what browser he’s using and what model phones he tried with?  

I also recommend that he test some other QR codes that are not related to your fundraiser, and maybe try to access your fundraiser from a different internet source, like if he goes to a coffee shop or bar. 

I am also having this issue 😢

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey @Crystal White I’m sorry to hear you’re also having this issue. Can you give us a bit more info, like what type of phone you’re using? Are you able to share with us the QR code that isn’t working for you? 

I am also using an iPhone. Specifically a 12 mini. The app I’m using is QR Reader for iPhone by TapMedia Ltd. The links are opened in the app itself and not in Safari or Google Chrome. The fundraiser page opens for a second then goes to an error screen that reads “Unknown Error We’re sorry. Something went wrong. Please wait one minute and try again.” When I go back to try again, it goes straight to the Unknown error screen. If I opt to open the link in a separate browsing app however, there are no issues.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Ahh thanks for this detail @Crystal White that might be why I’m not running into this issue. So I can help our team prioritize this, can you tell me why you use a QR code reader, versus just using the phone’s camera? My apologies, I’m not familiar with this app or the benefits of it. 

Join the discussion