Solved

Question Regarding Withdrawal

• 2 November 2021
  • 6 replies

I am confused. It says on my gofundme page that total raised is $4040. Then next to it, it says you have raised $1230. Does that mean gofundme is keeping the difference? I am so confused. Please Help!

icon

Best answer by Jules 2 November 2021, 20:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Great question, @Jennifer Ornelas. GoFundMe does not keep the difference. 

For more information on withdrawal timelines and expectations, check out this help center here. 

In addition, if you are setting up a beneficiary, they will need to complete their payment account before they will begin to receive funds. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Heya @Jennifer Ornelas just adding onto what Jules said – typically you’ll see something like this when some donations just aren’t yet done processing. Basically, different credit card companies etc can take different lengths of time to go through, which can be sorta annoying, but usually they process pretty quick. 

I think our product team is looking at clarifying the language you see on that page, because I agree it can be a little confusing at first! 

Here’s another Help Center link if you’d like to know more.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Great question, @Jennifer Ornelas. GoFundMe does not keep the difference. 

For more information on withdrawal timelines and expectations, check out this help center here. 

In addition, if you are setting up a beneficiary, they will need to complete their payment account before they will begin to receive funds. 

What do you mean by withdrawal timelines and expectations

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Fighting_chance Fund transfers aren’t immediate. It can take several days after you’ve raised money and set up your payment account for your donations to be verified and sent out. This is to ensure the safe transfer of money. 

I keep  getting  a notification  saying gofudme has despite into my bank account  when I never withdrawaled anything and each time  it does it the amount  already raised  lowers I'm confused 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @Angie Martin Stewart I’m not seeing that you started your withdrawals yet, but you should set them up as soon as possible. If you don’t, they’re at risk of being refunded because payment processors cannot hold onto funds like a bank can. For more information on withdrawals, check out these help center articles below.

Join the discussion