Verifying email not working

Userlevel 2

I have verified my email 3 times. But when I try to do a transfer i keep getting ask to verify my email.  

64 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Lvzmykidz9701 Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you mind trying once more and let me know what the screen looks like when it’s prompting you to verify your email again?  

The same thing is happening to me on my fundraiser. I haven’t received any donations yet but I wanted to set up bank transfers before I started getting donations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jaylen Carr you won’t be able to set up bank transfers until you receive your first donation. I can see you were able to verify your email, but let us know if you’re still having trouble!

@Jaylen Carr you won’t be able to set up bank transfers until you receive your first donation. I can see you were able to verify your email, but let us know if you’re still having trouble!

Hi! I received a first donation 5 days ago but whenever I try to verify through the email it tells me "There was an error verifying your email. Click here to resend"

I've tried multiple times within these past days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Julia Nava it looks like you were able to get the email verified, but let us know if you’re still having trouble! 

I started a go fund me and got my first donation. It keeps saying verify but when I do it says fundraiser link not found. 

Hi, I am having trouble verifying my email, also. I have clicked on the link in the email like 15 times. Every time it takes me back to the same screen.

I am having the same problem as Stephanie Minor, I click on the verify link in my email and it takes me to my user page with a bar on the top that says “error verifying email send again?” I click and it says “previous email still valid”

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Lindsay Johnson @Stephanie Minor @Patrick Mott So sorry for the frustration, there’s a possible bug our team is actively working on to fix. 

In the meantime, please make sure to write into our customer care team to help with this as we don’t have the tools in the community to do that. You can do so by clicking the green “Get help” button on this link for support: https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001972728-Contacting-support

I solved my issue. I had been trying to verify the account on my desktop computer. Once I tried on my phone it went to the next step which was to send me a validation message on my phone. Once that step was completed it was easy to follow all the other steps to set up deposits. 

If anyone is having the error message perhaps try verifying on a smartphone instead of a computer.

my email is not being verified for me to set up bank transfer 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Brandon Roberts please make sure to write into our customer care team to help with this as we don’t have the tools in the community to do that. You can do so by clicking the green “Get help” button on this link for support: https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001972728-Contacting-support

I am having the same issue, I have supported the GoFundMe support team and still have not gotten any help. When I try to verify my email to set up bank transfers it never sends an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Katherine Hamby I see our customer care team followed up with you this morning with some next steps that should help. Unfortunately, we don’t have the tools in the community needed to get this fixed, so please be sure to reply to Bijoli via email for some more assistance! 

And the email was no help. It amazes me how I can get every email from you guys except the email to verify my email?

Hi, Sorry, I’m having this issue as well. I also can’t seem to connect with any agents on the customer care team, it just doesn’t work. I never get connected and I keep getting a “You’ve been disconnected” error that prompts me to Try again. I’ve been trying literally all day.

If someone could reach out to me to activate my email so I can set up bank transfers it would be really appreciated. The person I set this fundraiser up for really needs the money.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Yarrow F apologies for this ongoing bug. I’ll go ahead and create a request for you to send over to the customer care team. They’re a bit backed up with requests at the moment but they’ll be following up with you via email to get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

I’ve been having this issue for the past 3 days. I’ve talked with the bot multiple times but it never gets anywhere. I set up this GoFundMe because of a family emergency and I need to withdraw the funds ASAP. I have tried verifying my email multiple times, i’ve even checked the spam/junk folders. I need to verify my email today so I can withdraw from the fundraiser.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Ashlyn Petit I’ve alerted my team. They’re a bit backed up, but they’ll follow up once they can. Please keep a look out for their response in your email.

i also am having trouble verifying my email in order to transfer funds. been trying for 3 days and i keep hitting “resend verification email” but i never get the email. i’ve checked every folder in my email it’s simply not there. there is no way to contact any help apparently 

cglassy:

I am having the same problem. Going in circles here.

cglassy:

I am having the same problem. Going in circles here.

if only they actually had an email support service and not just an FAQ. seems weird they don’t! i hope we get it figured out soon 

This is extremely frustrating. The chat bot won’t help me, I’ve had a ticket open for 3 days and there’s no phone number to call. I am not receiving the verification email required to set up withdrawals -- I’ve checked ALL folders and tried this on three different devices. Our donors need us to take quick action -- please help, Go Fund Me. This is NOT okay :( You need to have a phone number to call so we can talk to a real person. 

@cglassy This is the EXACT issue I’m having as well. I never receive the verification email. I’m so frustrated :(

Really looking for some help, here, as I’m not receiving the verification email I need to to set up bank transfers/withdrawals. Our donors are relying on us to get moving on this quickly. I’ve tried on 3 different devices, checked ALL spam and trash folders and tabs, tried to contact your chat support (not helpful) and opened a ticket 3 days ago and heard nothing. So disappointed and will not be doing another fundraiser with GoFundMe. :( 

Join the discussion