Verifying email not working

Show first post

64 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @cglassy Sorry to hear that you had trouble reaching out to our team. I’ve created a support ticket for you so they can assist you with getting your email verified. Please keep a look out for a response in your inbox from them soon. 

@Sally Scheckel I see that you were able to get through and reach our team. Our agent sent you an email last night. Were you able to receive it? 

After 2 days of posting on this discussion I still haven’t received a verification email. I’m supposed to leave on thursday for a trip to see a family member in the hospital and because of these problems I probably won’t be able to go. GoFundMe this is not okay. A team member emailed me and said they sent me an email and it never came through. I’ve checked both spam and junk folders continuously and still nothing. I’m so disappointed. Please send me an email 

I got my first donation, and I want to set up bank transfers so I can once I meet my goal and I’m not getting my verification emails to verify my email is mine 

Userlevel 1

This is ridiculous! I too have been trying for 3 days to verify my email and never receive it...however all the other emails work. It’s like they don’t want us to access the money? I have checked spam and inbox and nothing works and all the other numerous emails from go fund me have gone through. This needs to be fixed ASAP! I will never use this platform again for a fundraiser.  If you are aware of this bug and people were clearly posting weeks ago with this same issue, why is it not fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Krystal Harper, @Wysteria98 and @Ashlyn Petit I’m so sorry you’ve run into trouble and it’s delayed your ability to set up bank transfers. We have support tickets created for each of you that are currently in our support team’s queue.    @Ashlyn Petit I notified our team that you didn’t get the second email after they sent it. We believe this may be another type of new technical issue that we’re currently looking into. We apologize for the inconvenience!  Please keep an eye out for our team’s response. 

I got the response saying they resent the email but I still haven’t gotten it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Wysteria98 Our team member followed up today to let you know that it’s been resolved. I think you saw that because I see that you’re bank transfers are now all set up. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Hi, I'm having the same exact issue others have disclosed. I keep clicking to resend the verification email, and I'm not receiving it. I've tried to resolve this issue with the bot, but it doesn't go anywhere. I want to be able to set up bank transfers but I'm not receiving the email. I check all folders, and I'm definitely getting other emails from GoFundMe. This is a huge glitch, and I really need some help. The friends for whom I made this GoFundMe have gotten donations and really need to access the money.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Alenaemast I’m going to send this issue over to our customer care team and they’ll be able to help you with this. Be sure to keep an eye out for their response via email! 

Please help. We raised money for a classmate. He accepted the beneficiary step and is stuck in between that and the transfer funds step.  He is unable to get his $$ transferred, and is NOT receiving this so called verification email.  I’m starting to doubt gofundme is legitimate at this point, and especially reading all of these messages.  I’ve chatted with the bot, and got an automated message that volume is too high and someone would get back to me.  I’ve heard NOTHING! Frustrated is an understatement.  

Exact situation here, so frustrating. 

I got my first donation, and I'm trying to withdraw. But every time I try to verify my email, I would get no response from GoFundMe. I waited 10 minutes. Nothing. I click so many times. No single email from them and it's been 8 hours and I received no email.  

Hi all, I’m just jumping in to say that I have the same email verification issue.  I already contacted support, and the email from the support desk says “it may take us a few days to get back to your message.”  So, fingers crossed they can work through this quickly.  Good luck to everyone who is waiting anxiously for the resolution.  My cousin really needs his donations too.  I appreciate this platform, but this delay is painful.  

@Alenaemast I’m going to send this issue over to our customer care team and they’ll be able to help you with this. Be sure to keep an eye out for their response via email! 

Thank you for response, but I haven't received an email yet. Really hope this is something that can be fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Alenaemast I see that you’ve connected with our team and resolved your issue. If you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to let me know. 

This is ridiculous! I too have been trying for 3 days to verify my email and never receive it...however all the other emails work. It’s like they don’t want us to access the money? I have checked spam and inbox and nothing works and all the other numerous emails from go fund me have gone through. This needs to be fixed ASAP! I will never use this platform again for a fundraiser.  If you are aware of this bug and people were clearly posting weeks ago with this same issue, why is it not fixed?

I’m experiencing this as well and so beyond frustrated and upset 

Help!  I am also having this issue of not getting the verification email - I put a Help ticket in on Monday (and two more since) and I still have not heard from anyone.  If I can’t access these donations in time the results will be devastating.

Help!  I am also having this issue of not getting the verification email - I put a Help ticket in on Monday (and two more since) and I still have not heard from anyone.  If I can’t access these donations in time the results will be devastating.

@Jules  what are our options ? This is obviously a problem that Gofundme isn’t super interested in fixing.  Do we need to take legal action?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Adrian Pilarski  and @Lauren Stanley I’m so glad you reached out via the community. I’ve escalated this to help you with getting verified, so please keep a look out for an outreach from our team today. I’ll also check later today to make sure you’re all taken care of. 

Hey @Adrian Pilarski  and @Lauren Stanley I’m so glad you reached out via the community. I’ve escalated this to help you with getting verified, so please keep a look out for an outreach from our team today. I’ll also check later today to make sure you’re all taken care of. 

Hi Jules! Been dealing with the same issues, tried to “resend” my verification email from two different browsers on desktop, 2 different browsers on smartphone, and now through your app. Email has still never been sent and I am continuously “disconnected” from your help chat bot.

Please assist! Thanks so much!

@Jules @Olivia I am having the same issue as others in this discussion. I have been trying to set up withdrawals for the past 3 days, but I am not receiving the verification email. I have been unable to receive help from the chat bot and there is no phone number to call. Due to a family health emergency, it is urgent that I gain access to the donations for my fundraiser. Please help!

Hello,yes I would also like to get a help ticket started. I can not access my donations either.  It’s leads me to a big circle for the past week. Can anyone please help me set up a transfer to the bank. It seems like this is happening to everyone-which has me questioning the credibility of go fund me.  Please anyone from IT or go fund me please help correct this major issue

I am not receiving the verification email to set up withdrawals and my fundraiser is over. I have reached out to your team multiple times over the past week with zero response and no resolution to this issue. Very frustrating and seems like go fund me doesn’t care to resolve the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Legendre Zirker, @Sonny Maass, and @Jade S I’ve escalated your accounts to our team to assist. This is a widespread glitch due to some recent product releases. Our product team is diligently working to get them resolved, but we’re sorry your account was affected in the meantime. Please keep a look out for our team’s response. @Douglas Harp  I see that you’ve been able to get your email verified, so you should be all set. 

@Jules I too am also experiencing the same issue as well. The system won’t send me confirmation email to link to my bank account. When I contact live chat i am disconnected every 60 seconds saying “you have disconnected from agent - try again.”

Join the discussion