We are Colorado fire victims, but are not authenticated as Colorado fire victims

• 2 January 2022
  • 9 replies

We are having trouble figuring out how to actually be verified disaster victims. As such we aren’t listed on the page, and are ineligible to receive general disaster relief funds. We can’t find anywhere on the site to actually upload an ID or proof or anything. Does anyone have any info?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Mary and Taylor Stanley I’m so sorry that you were impacted by this disaster. I can confirm your fundraiser has been added to the Colorado Wildfires page

Regarding the disaster relief funds, are you referring to this fundraiser? Just want to confirm, and I can work to get more information for you about that.

Hi there @Mary and Taylor Stanley I’m so sorry that you were impacted by this disaster. I can confirm your fundraiser has been added to the Colorado Wildfires page

Regarding the disaster relief funds, are you referring to this fundraiser? Just want to confirm, and I can work to get more information for you about that.

Yes that's the one we're referring to. We're very grateful, it's mostly been friends and family donating and we just want to be included in the general fundraiser so we can be as secure as possible in these times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Totally understand, Mary. Let me dig into this and find out more about how that process works and I’ll follow back up with you. 

I see so many peoples fundraises on the GoFundMe page under the area in which I live. How do I get mine to load there? Is it just for popular fundraisers? If so I don't really agree with that I would hope all fundraising applicant's get this opportunity and especially the people who like myself are new with little to none sharing options. I am currently hoping for family and friends who can't donate due to their own financial issues to circulate my GoFundMe on their Facebook pages. Although, if someone can explain it to me about the popular fundraisers getting put up and how I can load mine I'd appreciate it. I hope everyone much success in your time of need please pray for eachother and stay safe.

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mary and Taylor Stanley following up– it looks like for this sort of thing, the gofundme.org team will be pulling in all qualified fundraisers (such as yours) and then they’re reviewed and granted to if the granting criteria is met. It looks like your fundraiser is indeed in their list of ones to review. Let me know if I can help clarify anything else!

That’s a great question! I’ve been wondering the same thing! I’d like to have my fundraiser for my sister and her family verified, too, so that we can be considered “official”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kerrie, welcome. I’ve let the team know that you’d like to be added to the Colorado Fires page if you’re not already there. Thanks for being a member of the GoFundMe Community, and best wishes from our team.

Hi Cris,

I just set up a fund for several people that have been affected by the colorado fires. I am managing a local state organization who has members and member’s friends who lost homes in the fire. I am actively getting all the fund recipients- information and essential needs, financial needs organized today. We have a meeting tonight with the US coordinators of Connecting Consciousness and we want to see if they will help spread the word too.  

I briefly looked at how the payouts work. I am wondering if I can run it through a business account that will have only the minimum in it(before the gofundme deposits into it ) for clear accounting. Then I have to work out the best way for gifting all the listed fire fund recipients. Any help would be appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Alex Lovejoy. You can set up a business bank account for your withdrawals, if you prefer, but it does take a couple of extra steps and requires some documentation. For directions on how to do this, check out this help center article

Join the discussion